My new Balenciaga arrived and I'm disappointed

There was no dustbag which is an another disappointing fact considering the price and there is a very faint scratch on the front.
View attachment 2702636View attachment 2702637View attachment 2702638View attachment 2702639

You should email NM with your order number and tell them that your bag did not come with its dustbag and you want them to send you one. If they don't have one available they should offer to give you some credit on it. That's not right that the dustbag is missing.

Otherwise, the conditioning job you did on it looks wonderful.

You should email NM with your order number and tell them that your bag did not come with its dustbag and you want them to send you one. If they don't have one available they should offer to give you some credit on it. That's not right that the dustbag is missing.

Otherwise, the conditioning job you did on it looks wonderful.

I called them yesterday and they told me that Balenciaga often does not send them dustbags, they can't give me one if they don't get one.
Today I went into Nieman and they told me that's true, not every bag they have comes with a dustbag from the designer and they have their own plain dustbags and they would be happy to find me one of those.
I also called them out on suggesting that customers use unscented Lubriderm on their bags, she told me that the Balenciaga rep told them and they use it on other bags in their stores.

I called them yesterday and they told me that Balenciaga often does not send them dustbags, they can't give me one if they don't get one.
Today I went into Nieman and they told me that's true, not every bag they have comes with a dustbag from the designer and they have their own plain dustbags and they would be happy to find me one of those.
I also called them out on suggesting that customers use unscented Lubriderm on their bags, she told me that the Balenciaga rep told them and they use it on other bags in their stores.
As long as they give you a dustbag, I guess it doesn't matter if it's plain or some other brand.

I'm sure that BAL doesn't send them extra dustbags, but I would think that every BAL bag that NM sells would/should have its own. If it doesn't have one it makes me wonder if the bag was returned and the customer kept the dustbag. I feel like that whenever I get a bag that doesn't happen to have its own dustbag, and it's a brand that I know comes with one. However that's only happened at discounted online shopping stores like Zappos and 6PM. :smile:

Zappos sent me out some dustbags for some other brand and 6PM wrote me that they have no bags and no control over whether or not their bags come with a dustbag and if I didn't like it I can return the bag. Needless to say I don't shop 6PM anymore.

Also, I found out through another Purse Forum member that the Container Store sells plain dustbags for handbags so if you ever find yourself without (and you run out of old pillow cases) you can buy there.

OMFG .. NO!!!!! Don't EVER use Lubriderm on a Balenciaga bag, it will eat away at the leather!!! This S/A is waaaaaaaay misinformed and needs to be corrected ASAP!!

It blows me away that sales associates are telling people this.
I had one at the Bal boutique at Crystals at City Center in Las Vegas tell me to use Lubriderm on my bag and I was very quick to inform him there was no way I was doing that, thank you very much!
He didn't have much to say after I questioned him why he would be suggesting Lubriderm when Bal sells THEIR OWN nourishing cream! It seemed so odd to me that they wouldn't be trying to get you buy their own moisturizing cream for their own products!! Makes me wonder what's in their stuff...

It's bad enough, S/A in the department stores are telling people to use Lubriderm but for S/A at the actual Bal boutiques - sheesh!! Where is this coming from?!

I ordered a Bal from NM too and it did not come with a Bal dust bag. It was from the previous year and had the old price tag still on it (cheaper!). I was not happy with the leather either do it went back. Will never order something that expensive from NM again.

It blows me away that sales associates are telling people this.
I had one at the Bal boutique at Crystals at City Center in Las Vegas tell me to use Lubriderm on my bag and I was very quick to inform him there was no way I was doing that, thank you very much!
He didn't have much to say after I questioned him why he would be suggesting Lubriderm when Bal sells THEIR OWN nourishing cream! It seemed so odd to me that they wouldn't be trying to get you buy their own moisturizing cream for their own products!! Makes me wonder what's in their stuff...

It's bad enough, S/A in the department stores are telling people to use Lubriderm but for S/A at the actual Bal boutiques - sheesh!! Where is this coming from?!

Bal is shortsighted when it comes to their customers, present and future.

It is shocking that SAs are still telling customers to use a hand cream on Bal leather. I was told by trusted leather experts that it will indeed rot finished goat or lambskin over time.

Similarly they seem to be shortsighted when it comes to the longevity of their name's reputation. It is disheartening to be told by Bal SAs that Balenciaga does not care to help in any way in authenticating or in supporting authentication of their pre-owned bags. I was told, that if women are worried about buying a counterfeit, they should limit their purchases to only new bags. They are unconcerned or ignorant of the fact that so many rampant counterfeits lower the perceived value of the authentic ones from any season.

Beautiful color. The leather conditioner worked wonders. I've conditioned one of my bags that I've brought pre loved and it was like night and day. There is nothing like that buttery soft leather. Enjoy that beautiful baby.