My new bag...and I just don't like her! :(

AndagainSalvage

Team Haverchuck
Aug 1, 2010
I bought this on a whim - I really wanted the python one, but this popped up with a really cheap buy it now. The seller stated it had two "tiny specks" on the back, but I received it, and it's a lot worse than I thought. And way more than two marks. It has marks all over it. Front and back. And none of the marks are coming off....it was only $100 so I guess that's what I get for the great price.

I don't think I'm a patent fan either. So I'm on the market for a different baby sage. Any suggestions?

pink_zps278ae6d6.jpg

pink3_zps5f96d123.jpg

Sorry, having trouble seeing it. Are those dents? I see the "specks" on the bottom. Hard to see because of the shine.

They didn't check it carefully. I can't see them. You didn't pay that much for it. Not liking, though, is different from "not as described."

If the seller said TWO marks (and there are clearly more), it is not as described. Contact the seller.

FWIW I've had many patent bags and none of them ever got any marks. So don't be afraid of it, but if you just don't like the look of it at least now you know.

I'm sorry you're not loving it. At that price you shouldn't have a problem getting your money back if you decide to relist it. Even with a few flaws that seems like a pretty good price.

Patent's not for everyone. I don't really care for it, either.

At my outlet today, they had a taupe spectator Baby Sage for 50%/30/10! It's so pretty and only $141. Keep searching, you'll find one you like.

Send it back!

You know, I thought about it, but don't want to bother since the price was so good. I think I might just sell it...maybe try my very best at removing the marks, try all the tricks, and then list it myself. Or give it as a gift. I bet my sister-in-law would love a (slightly loved) Coach for her birthday!

Sorry, having trouble seeing it. Are those dents? I see the "specks" on the bottom. Hard to see because of the shine.

They didn't check it carefully. I can't see them. You didn't pay that much for it. Not liking, though, is different from "not as described."

Oh yea, the damage is pretty extensive. It's all over the back, and two marks on the front as well. I can see that the seller didn't notice them, but I am hyper-aware of that stuff. I could take close ups. It's pretty bad imo. I hope they'll come off with some persistence! If I did like it, I might look past the flaws though and just use it. But a combo of both, and I am definitely not going to keep it...but not going to return it to the seller. I will just sell it myself.

Unfortunately patent starts getting those marks after a while. One reason I don't buy anything patent.

Does the seller accept returns?

Yikes, I never had *light* patent before (i did have a black patent but never used it!) but I don't want a bag that is going to get scuffed bad so fast. :sad: What a shame. Why don't they clean up easily? As for returns, I'm not sure, but I won't bother the seller. I will probably just clean it up the best I can and sell it with all flaws listed distinctly!

If the seller said TWO marks (and there are clearly more), it is not as described. Contact the seller.

FWIW I've had many patent bags and none of them ever got any marks. So don't be afraid of it, but if you just don't like the look of it at least now you know.

Yeah, unfortunately I think I just don't like it. I can't figure out why. It's a very cute bag. Maybe TOO pink? Maybe too shiny? Can't put my finger on why I'm not loving it though.

I'm sorry you're not loving it. At that price you shouldn't have a problem getting your money back if you decide to relist it. Even with a few flaws that seems like a pretty good price.

Patent's not for everyone. I don't really care for it, either.

At my outlet today, they had a taupe spectator Baby Sage for 50%/30/10! It's so pretty and only $141. Keep searching, you'll find one you like.

that's a great price. I never find good deals at the outlet when I go. Are there better days to go than others?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with bagee and Mandy421; return it. It's definitely SNAD, according to the seller's description versus yours. It's easier to just return it than have to attempt to clean it up yourself, list it, etc...not to mention the potential possibility of a scamming buyer.

I know exactly how you feel - same kind of thing has happened to me several times. It is so disappointing. You are protected with eBay buyer protection, so that's good. I've gotten to where I only buy NWT or NWOT on eBay because the sellers are not as picky as I must be, lol! :roflmfao: And I still get nervous until I give the item a good looking over! ;)

Might be worth the hassle of returning it, if you don't love it. Then you could put that money toward something else you will truly love! :heart:

I'm so tired of ebay seller's doing this with Coach bags. Fortunately, this is what ebay buyer protection is for. Contact the seller and give them a chance before going to extreme measures. They could let you return it for a full refund or maybe you could keep it but accept a partial refund. Sometimes it is a honest mistake. Chances are though, if they were shady enough to sell it not accurately decribed they will give you hassle. You can always open an item not as described case. If they don't side with you, you can always appeal. I had this one seller tell me, "Well, I said that it was pre-owned and you should know what pre-owned means." To me pre-owned means that it's previously owned or used, not that it has more than normal wear or any type of damage. I won that case. Stand up for yourself, this is clearly not a change of heart or buyer's remorse. It's the buyer receiving something in a different condition than stated and being disappointed. I've been there and I'm sorry. I hope the seller works with you to make this right.

Ok. I guess I'm having an inner struggle with returning this because as I mentioned, had it been a bag I truly loved, I would have dealt with the marks and just worn it as is. Does my logic even make any sense?

edited to add: Furthermore, I am looking back at the auction now, and you can clearly see marks on the bag in the photos! It's clear as day. WHY I didn't look this over more, I don't know. But the photos do NOT match his description. I just made a fast purchase without being thorough, so I think I am to blame for this one.

I will email the seller and see if they take returns, but it's not worth opening a case if he doesn't.

Here are photos of the damage that I took ----- no way to at least lighten them?

This is the back of the bag, bottom left:

3-4_zps18d85c83.jpg

bottom right back of bag: (sorry can't figure out how to flip the camera orientation on photobucket anymore since they changed format)

2-3_zps381931bd.jpg

And the front, this kind of even looks like some kind of mold growing? Who knows. But it's a huge patch on it.

front_zpsd9172b0c.jpg

and this is kind of hidden by the swing tag, but still noticeable by me:

front2_zps6905da97.jpg

Last edited:
they take returns! :smile: I checked their return policy just now. Looks like I can in fact use that money towards a different bag.:tup:

I've had two "misses" lately. Also bought a wallet on amazon which was supposed to be the all leather gathered accordian wallet, and I received the satin wallet. As I suspected, the seller didn't have the leather one in stock at all, so now I'm returning THAT for a refund, too!

Looks like I'll need to reward myself nicely with the money I get back for both!

Last edited: