my new bag and a question

oranGetRee

**I am a Vain Pot**
O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
I have gotten my new bag yesterday -- the grey white trotter romantique.

but i have mixed feelings over this bag cos the word 'Dior' is off centered on the heart. Pls see pic. I dunno whether this is done on purpose or it is a so-called defect. Would you consider this as a defect?
closeup-1.jpg

anyway, these are the pics i took. Sorry about the blurry pics. My house has too many warm lights.:-
paperbagandbox.jpg

dustbag.jpg

bag.jpg

sidebag.jpg

Unless it is visually really off-centered to you. In visual graphics classes, when it comes to typography, some alphabets are tweeked to certain centers due to its weight distributions in a word. In your case, the "D" being so big, the Dior will look weird is it is centered on the "i" and "o".

It is all about spacing and letter kerning. Google typography, you will find out more info.

it does seem a bit off centered now ... i think the line between D and i should be in the very middle check those out ...send it back and tell them to make sure they send u a perfect one ! :yes:

Attachments

• sweettrotter.JPG
    sweettrotter.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 79
  • trotter pouch.JPG
    trotter pouch.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 61
  • trottermirror.JPG
    trottermirror.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 60
Exchange it, or just bring it back and say you want the lock replaced! I think the SA will swap this lock with another from another grey Trotter Romantique bag.

By the way, your bag is AWESOME! That beautiful baby gray is SO nice!!!!

thanks, everyone.

I never have a Dior bag before, I hope the boutique will really exchange one if the bag is defective. The receipt indicated "no exchange or refund".

The heart cannot be taken out from the bag. This is not a lock, unlike the beige/ brown version.

chercherry, I bought this in singapore. Cost me SGD1530... which is about USD1k.

congrats orangetree!!!

i'm so happy you got the bag you wanted and it's really beautiful!

it doesn't look quite off-centre to me, but if it bothers you, bring it back for an exchange, just tell any of the dior SAs and i'm sure they'll be fine with exchanging. just be firm about it and if push comes to shove, ask to see the manager.

when my gold gaucho broke after less than a week, i had it brought back to dior (at taka) and they offered me the option of an exchange or store credit (after my mom had a talk with the store manager), so i'm sure you can bring it back and ask for an exchange. :yes: