My new "baby" *swoon*

1. I know many think the Baguettes are passé, but I had been looking for this tapestry baguette for six years. I have seen them on eBay three times and I decided this time I was going to buy it.

I received it last Friday. :love:

[​IMG]

2. Definitely not passe. It is a timeless beauty! Congrats & enjoy!

3. the beading is very intracite, its a stunning bag, congratulations on the purchase!

4. ohhh very pretty!! congrats!

and I'm glad you got it!

5. Holy cow that is beautiful!

Do you mind me asking the $?
    Purely for research purposes you understand!

6. OMG!!! That is such a beauty!!! Congrats!!!

7. Wow! What a beautiful bag, I've always love the shape of the baguette.

8. I can see why you've been searching for it for 6 years! It's beautiful! Congrats!

9. Love it a lot!! Congrats!!!!!

10. Love love love:love: this baguette! It's stunning ... definitely a classic!

11. I paid just a tiny bit over $1000 for it. These particular bags were made in very limited quantities (and apparently took a very long time to produce by hand) from what I understand - and originally retailed for $2800. They were sold in 2000ish and there were wait lists to get one. I remember seeing them on the arms of a lot of celebs during the baguette craze. I remember Heather Locklear had one and so did Madonna. (I wish I had saved the pics!)

I got this one on eBay from Decades2 which is an upscale consignment place in Los Angeles. I have purchased things from them before as well. Including this bag, I have seen this bag exactly three times on eBay since 2000.

I know there were more facts about this bag but I've forgotten them- perhaps a baguette expert will know more.

The strap matches the turquoise reptile on the buckle and the inside is lined with apple green silk satin.
    I have no idea if I will ever carry this bag or just hold it and drool. :love:

12. Roo, that is one gorgeous bag! you scored BIG!

13. Wonderful beaded embroidery! Congratulations, this is an art piece!

14. GORGEOUS!!!!:love:

15. Wow, thanks for the background. I think I'll have to put that one on my dream list too...
    As superqueen says, it's more like art than a bag, so if you sit there and drool over it I would certainly understand.
    Magnificent!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice