My Mother and Mulberry Bags

piglet42

Jul 11, 2009
My mother just called my bags tarty.... my roxy A4 and Cream Blenheim..... I showed her the roxy oak I fancy buying later towards xmass and she said that was hideous.... :crybaby:OMG I am so fed up....
She said the Bays were okay... on the website.... Right this is one and only time I talk bags with her...... Sorry had to vent..:sick::pout::cursing::mad::censor:

i'm a mum and luckily we are both big mulberry fans but your bags are lovely and enjoy every moment you use them!
Bev

ps - oak roxy is my daughters 'baby' not my favpourite but her choice

Sorry to read your Mom isn't keen on your choice of bags, but that's okay everyone has their own style and taste - and you have us to admire your stunning bags :tup:

I saw oak roxy a month or so ago, beautiful patina, gorgeous bag -don't let it get you down, besides the world would be mighty boring if we all liked the same things :yes:

You go get your Roxy, and we will all look on enviously :yes:

^^Don't mind your mother-enjoy your bags :biggrin:
My mother on the other hand is an admirer of Mulberry-I think she's hoping I'll pass one on that I don't want any more:nuts:
She's very keen on my RN Bayswater-dream on mother:P

Ignore your mum and enjoy your mulberry bags! The world would be a dull place if we all liked the same things, besides, you have all of us here to drool over your purchases/future purchases!

Oh it's hard to swallow isn't it... I'm trying very hard not to say too much about DD's Juicy couture bags. We are all different - move on and enjoy Mulberry and tPF!!

Don't worry piglet, my mum doesn't get the whole Mulberry thing either. She quite liked the look of the oak Ledbury when we were in John Lewis together on a rare shopping trip recently (rare because we live 200 miles apart), so I persuaded my dad to buy it for her as a surprise whilst I whisked Mum off for a cuppa. She liked it so much that just 2 months later she gave it to me!!!!:yahoo:

I'm now trying to persuade my dad that what Mum would really love for Christmas is a rouge noir small Bays clutch......:graucho:

Can a handbag really be tarty......especially a Mulberry :P

Although....I got to say.....I don't think tarty is always a bad thing :graucho:

The best comment I recall was from my hubby, we went to the Bond St store as I was after a birthday pressie, I was torn between the Oak Tyler and the Oak Blenheim......he said, with ref to the Blenheim ''yeah that ones ok if your planning to go on an archeological dig sometime soon''.......................................................I got the Tyler! :roflmfao:

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments...... I was tossing and turning all night thinking about selling my purple A4 roxy as that was the worse offender by my mother now I have the confidence not too.... Big hugs to all.... Right off to cheshire oaks to continue the mulberry collection....