My Montorgueil PM arrived.

DaisyF

Aug 13, 2008
I received my first LV the other day. (I'll post a photo soon).

I have thought about buying a bag from LV for several years and it actually seems a bit unreal that I now own one. I love looking at it.

Now this is my question: How long is it going to take for me to actually put my stuff in it and start to use it?

Is there this period of time where it just sits on your bedroom dresser all safe and sound before one will actually take it somewhere, like the supermarket? Am I just being kind of OCD or is this normal?

Congrats on your first LV!
Haha, I think the admiring period is normal... at least I have that too, but I start using it as soon as I can, maybe a few days later at the most. The first 'test drive' is always the best! even if it's just the supermarket ;)

You sound like me, I buy new bags and just sit and admire them. Its hard when they are new to just start using them. But congrat's on the new bag, use it and enjoy you'll be glad you did.

don't worry! you're not alone! I got my montorgueil pm a couple weeks ago and it sat safe and sound in its box and dust bag for about a week before I took it out for a spin. I was a mix of nerves and wanting to be on the safe side in case I decided to return it. congratulations on your purchase!! it's a really great bag. do you have any pictures??

I have thought about buying a bag from LV for several years and it actually seems a bit unreal that I now own one. I love looking at it.

Now this is my question: How long is it going to take for me to actually put my stuff in it and start to use it?

Is there this period of time where it just sits on your bedroom dresser all safe and sound before one will actually take it somewhere, like the supermarket? Am I just being kind of OCD or is this normal?

This is NORMAL. I did the same thing... I took it out everyday just to stare at it or touch it, put my stuff in it and then "let it sleep" in its box... :shame:
After a few weeks, I took it out the first time - now I'm using my LV bags everyday. That's what bags are made for!

I know how you feel. I do this often with most all my new bags. I finally broke that ritual and carried my Galliera PM for the first time less than 24 hours after her purchase. That's a first for me but she's such a great bag that I got past the admire phase quickly LOL! :rolleyes:

I had my parents babysit my young daughter while I went to purchase my galliera. As soon as I got back to their place I pulled it out of the box and dust bag and switched everything into it. So, i guess I started using it before I got home!!!:nuts:

I have been thinking about purchasing this one! Are there any inside pockets in this bag for like a cell phone. I love my speedys but I wish there were a few more pockets, thats ok love them anyway!!

Carrie