My mono cles is chipping away...

Gimmethebag

Gimme Gimme Gimme
O.G.
Dec 2, 2008
I just noticed that my mono cles is chipping. I thought that the mono canvas was already printed fabric and THEN coated to protect it? It appears my cles was silkscreened.

It was purchased as a gift and I still have the receipt from Louis Vuitton directly.

Do you think it is a quality control issue or is this normal wear and tear?

Thanks!

The actual canvas is chipping?? It's coated canvas so should be very durable. If the cles is still relatively new and not abused, it seems like a quality issue and should be taken back to LV for an assessment.

I have owned my mono key and change holder for a year and a half. It was a gift purchased from a Louis Vuitton boutique and I still have my gift receipt.

This sounds weird, but my mono canvas is chipping off! I asked if this is normal in the FAQ's but didn't get much feedback other than going in store. The last time I went to this particular store, I was totally snubbed. I'm bringing my SO with me this time since he's very tall, articulate and seems to have more "presence."

I looked at the repair policy online and it says that SLGs and handbags may be repaired within 5 years. I don't think it is normal for the classic monogram print to be chipping off or for my zipper pull to be fully chipped. Since it came directly from a store, it's definitely not fake... So it has to be a manufacturer's defect right?

Do you think they will replace my item? What should we expect?

I think they won't do anything. It's common knowledge that silk-screened canvas can chip/wear off. They really can't repair it, they aren't going to repaint it or something. When they talk about repairs they mean things like restitching seams or replacing vachetta or broken hardware on bags, and often you have to pay for the repairs I think if it's been over a year but don't quote me on that.

I don't understand, is the monogramming rubbing off, or are there actual chunks taken out of the cles??

I would take it to the store and ask, I am sure they will be able to help you somehow!