My Miu Miu Bow, question!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi girls, I just opened my christmas present from my mom and it's a miu miu bow in mughetto from bloomingdales!:yahoo: But before I use it, I have a few questions for you guys though since I'm a newbie to miu miu.

1. the bag came with the zipper part just standing straight up. Is this normal? Am I supposed to fold it down myself? I'm scared of ruining the leather and not doing it the right way (if there is one)
    2. I had a lovely chloe bag that was also crossbody, and the strap wore down after a summer of use. Should I be worried about that with my bow? Does the strap hold up to regular use without cracking and tearing?
    3. How much did you all pay for the regular size bow? Mine is from the bloomingdales on 59th in ny and my mom paid 1495.00 before tax and the total came out to 1627.68 after new york sales tax. I searched online and the bow seems to be cheaper elsewhere. I'm wondering if I should return it and buy one online instead, or maybe there'll be a price cut/sale after christmas? What do you think?
    Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.
    Will post pics soon.
    happy holidays everyone!!:smile:

2. what a lovly present

1. the bag came with the zipper part just standing straight up. Is this normal? Am I supposed to fold it down myself? I'm scared of ruining the leather and not doing it the right way (if there is one)
    not sure what u r refering to, but my bow zipper part can be moved freely

2. I had a lovely chloe bag that was also crossbody, and the strap wore down after a summer of use. Should I be worried about that with my bow? Does the strap hold up to regular use without cracking and tearing?
    since it is mughetto, you may want to protect it with something... the strap will soften a bit with some sealant rub off if u use it as crossbody alot.. def normal wear, but don't think it will tear..

3. How much did you all pay for the regular size bow? Mine is from the Bloomingdales on 59th in ny and my mom paid 1495.00 before tax and the total came out to 1627.68 after new york sales tax. I searched online and the bow seems to be cheaper elsewhere. I'm wondering if I should return it and buy one online instead, or maybe there'll be a price cut/sale after christmas? What do you think?
    price is right... mughetto bow never goes on sale

3. Congratulations! what a lovely present.

The "right" way to fold down the top section, if I understand your question, is forwards so that the letters Miu Miu can be read right way up from the front. But you'll be straightening it up every time you open it and folding it back down again so it won't stay like that.

If you're worried about a crease developing, you could always store it with the zip sticking up straight, as you received it.

4. hi thanks for your reply. Regarding the first question, I didn't mean the actual zipper sticks up, I meant that the bag has no folded part/flap on the top that all the bows seem to have. which made me wonder if I'm supposed to fold it over myself. Don't all bows come with the flap prefolded? I saw a post earlier where a girl said she also had a bow that didnt have a flap and someone told her she had the newest model. But I don't think mine is the same because my bows look the same as the older models, it's just that theres no flap....

5. ya u suppose to fold it over yourself ;)