My minis too similar?

ngbranda

Nov 20, 2016
Hi ladies I've just recently got my hands on a so black mini and have been over the moon that I managed to get one! But I've also got a black caviar rectangular mini in rhw which I thought is quite similar to the so black. The shape, leather, hardware are all different but they're both after all black and have almost the same colour tone hardware. What do you think? Should I keep both or just one instead of the other? IMG_1490368341.048507.jpg

Hi ladies I've just recently got my hands on a so black mini and have been over the moon that I managed to get one! But I've also got a black caviar rectangular mini in rhw which I thought is quite similar to the so black. The shape, leather, hardware are all different but they're both after all black and have almost the same colour tone hardware. What do you think? Should I keep both or just one instead of the other? View attachment 3644452

Your caviar is just so perfect looking! I love the "so black" look. irl the type of leather is not too appealing to me on the so black hardware bag. Other Chanel enthusiasts love this type of leather. I have the "so black" series in black lambskin that I think the hardware has a great look. It "pops" and shows nicely against lambskin! This leather is a little too dull for my liking. It is good to get feedback from the forum. It will help you to formulate an informed decision.

Your caviar is just so perfect looking! I love the "so black" look. irl the type of leather is not too appealing to me on the so black hardware bag. Other Chanel enthusiasts love this type of leather. I have the "so black" series in black lambskin that I think the hardware has a great look. It "pops" and shows nicely against lambskin! This leather is a little too dull for my liking. It is good to get feedback from the forum. It will help you to formulate an informed decision.

I agree, this season's so black leather is kinda meh...I prefer the look of your caviar mini. Maybe return the so black and wait for another so black release? It looks a lot prettier in lambskin imho.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
they're obviously different, but similar. but, some people like multiples of stuff and some people want variety. it's really your decision. what purpose will each one serve for you? will one work better than another at a particular event/function? they are not different enough to change the look of an outfit, imo.

I just got the So black mini too. N frankly I love the classic caviar leather more. But I'm just a fan of black hardwares.

Your caviar mini is so fluffffehh! Don't let go.

If u can still hold on, sell them later when e price has risen. Your black beauties are highly in demand.

Reactions: Maniwara
Love your Mini So Black! I am in the similar situation with my collection (Mini rectangular caviar black/GHW VS Reissue 225 black/GHW VS Reissue 225 so black) I like Revangelina's idea about wait and sell when the time is right! Probably I should let one of them go..

Reactions: revangelina

Yes I've seen the so black lambskin jumbo but I'm so afraid of lambskin (I've a jumbo in lambskin) as it shows wear so quickly.
I agree the caviar mini looks so puffy! It's a great combination - puffy like lambskin but durable as its caviar

I agree, this season's so black leather is kinda meh...I prefer the look of your caviar mini. Maybe return the so black and wait for another so black release? It looks a lot prettier in lambskin imho.

I did consider the reissue so black this season but I'm kinda into small bags now as I've got a newborn and I like to only carry just my essentials. I wasn't a big fan of the crumpled calf skin initially but when I saw and felt it, the leather is tough yet soft. Plus I'm a sucker for the black hardware [emoji23]

they're obviously different, but similar. but, some people like multiples of stuff and some people want variety. it's really your decision. what purpose will each one serve for you? will one work better than another at a particular event/function? they are not different enough to change the look of an outfit, imo.

That's the thing, I'm thinking im only going to be using the so black mini and the caviar will stay sitting in my wardrobe...

I did consider the reissue so black this season but I'm kinda into small bags now as I've got a newborn and I like to only carry just my essentials. I wasn't a big fan of the crumpled calf skin initially but when I saw and felt it, the leather is tough yet soft. Plus I'm a sucker for the black hardware [emoji23]

[emoji23] well it sounds like you love it, so keep it!