My Mini NL Nikki just came! Pics! I love the color, but not sure on the size...

shopinator

O.G.
Jun 28, 2006
Ok, the color and leather are breathtaking. When I opened the package I actually gasped. The leather is divine and smells terrific.

The color is most true to this pic, even though it looks darker in my modeling picture:

IMG_6521.jpg

IMG_6528.jpg

What I'm not sure about is the size. I'm only five feet tall but I love the look of the full size Nikki. Does this bag look too small on me? I'm about a size 4-6 so I'm not super petite. However, sometimes the regular Nikki can be a bottomless pit so I like the mini size in that regard. ACK! Well, I ordered the regular NL Nikki from LB just to be sure.

IMG_6526.jpg

I live the color too!! It looks fabulous! When I bought my first nikki I got a mini and as soon as I got it I knew I needed the regular. Maybe the regular would be better for you? Whatever you decide it is gorgeous!

I really like it on you. I'm waiting for my first mini Nikki and from your pic it looks like it would hold about as much as a full size nikki. I decided to get a mini Nikki instead of another full-size because sometimes you just don't need such a massive bag.

I think the mini is more practical, size wise - not too much bag, ya know? But if you're going for 'the look,' I would say that the regular Nikki is the way to go (plus, it isn't that much more expensive).

I commented on this in another thread, so I'm just gonna copy/paste the bulk of it:

I fell in love with the Nikki about a year ago, and it remains my fave RM style. I recently purchased a Mini Nikki, and have been carrying it lately.

Just for reference, I am 5'2 and tend to carry quite a few things in my bags. I prefer the Nikki because I can carry everything I need for my day and the bag still retains its slouch. I noticed with the Mini, I had to take a few things out of the bag and even then, the bag still looks full. I also really miss that 3rd slip pocket missing from the Mini, that the full size Nikki has.

I just wanted to give a little reference for someone who owns a Nikki who may be considering a Mini Nikki. I may buy another, if I see a TDF color that's only available in that size, but I definitely prefer the regular Nikki.

Personally, when I get something and I am not quite sure about the size, it usually means I WANT to love it, but I don't. No matter how much I end up trying, and how much other people may love it, I generally will not be happy with it, until it's right. So if this is the case in your situation, I'd switch it out for a regular nikki. If you do like the size though, and you just want to double check and make sure it looks good, then I'd say keep it, because it looks great. :smile: