My mini lilac cabat drama continued

Jun 4, 2006
Hello guys, just want to update you on the mini lilac cabat drama I had. So the last one I returned had a huge scratch on the handle, and I returned it and asked for an exchange. I received the other one yesterday from Bryan, but I still don't like it. This time the bag has some long horizontal creases on both sides of the bag. Bryan said they are normal but I don't think so as the one I got last time didn't have any creases! He said the creases will disappear after time, after uses. Is that true? Has any of you received a cabat that has horizontal creases on both sides of the cabat as if someone had folded the bag?

I did not even tell him that on the edge of one of the leather pieces which is inside the bag attaching the handle to the bag, the color is so not saturated that it looks like the edge of that piece of leather is worn off.... I am now trying to figure out how to fix that discolored area.....

I can't believe I spent so much on the bag and I am not even happy.... Bryan said he picked the best one out of 4 bags, but it still isn't what I would expect from BV. The creases may go away, but I don't know what to do with the edge of that piece of leather that has the discolored problem.

I am a bit disappointed with BV now I guess it's time to put a ban on my BV purchases.....

I am not sure if any more exchanges will make a difference at this point....

I haven't had a bag come with creases, so I can't say if they will even out in time. Bryan knows BV very well, so I tend to believe him when he says they will disappear.

Can you post a photo of the leather strip piece that isn't properly dyed? I know for that amount of money we expect it to be perfect. These are handmade however and for myself, if it's inside I would probably accept it. That doesn't mean you should, if it bothers you, though.

I'm sorry this has been a disappointing experience.

I haven't had a bag come with creases, so I can't say if they will even out in time. Bryan knows BV very well, so I tend to believe him when he says they will disappear.

Can you post a photo of the leather strip piece that isn't properly dyed? I know for that amount of money we expect it to be perfect. These are handmade however and for myself, if it's inside I would probably accept it. That doesn't mean you should, if it bothers you, though.

I'm sorry this has been a disappointing experience.

Yes, I can post pics to show the discolored piece tonight when I get home from work.

And about the creases, I also think it isn't normal because the last bag i got did NOT have any creases what so ever! The body of the bag I got last time is really fine, it was just the handle that had that huge scratch and now this??

I am sad.....

it must be heart breaking to experience this not once but twice and i m sorry if bv disappoints u. i m very fortunate to receive excellent quality of products and services from my local bv so far, and if u r not happy, u should always raise your concern or return the bag eventually. i found horizontal creases on my cabats after storing them for months (when i didnt stuff them well for storage), they will be gone completely after using several times.

I am really sorry that you are having problems with your lilac cabat purchase:sad:
I had to order the cabat form another BV boutique, when I went to pick it up the SA told me that it had some creases from shipping but I didn't see any.
So apparently it happens

But the discoloration would definitely bother me

Maybe you should exchange it with something else and forget about the cabat.

Please don't be sad :hugs::flowers:

^ Thanks ladies. So, it seems that the creases are there due to shipping....good to hear that the creases will indeed go away. Now, so how do you store your cabat properly to avoid having the creases?

As for the discoloration, is not one one of the leather strip, it is on the piece of leather which is used to sewed the handle onto the bag.

I really want a lilac mini cabat. I have been thinking about getting the mini cabat for months, then the lilac finally came out and I thought the color goes perfectly with the style.....so I really don't want to return it to get something else I am currently not interested....

^ Thanks ladies. So, it seems that the creases are there due to shipping....good to hear that the creases will indeed go away. Now, so how do you store your cabat properly to avoid having the creases?

As for the discoloration, is not one one of the leather strip, it is on the piece of leather which is used to sewed the handle onto the bag.

I really want a lilac mini cabat. I have been thinking about getting the mini cabat for months, then the lilac finally came out and I thought the color goes perfectly with the style.....so I really don't want to return it to get something else I am currently not interested....

OK, I understand where on the bag you are talking about. It's odd that their craftspeople missed it. You must be terribly disappointed.

OK, I understand where on the bag you are talking about. It's odd that their craftspeople missed it. You must be terribly disappointed.

Yea, I am extremely disappointed. Now I am thinking if I should just return the bag, forget about the lilac cabat, and use the store credit towards a SO (my SO request for Ottone large capri just got approved).

I know for sure I don't want more exchanges as I cannot do the exchange in person and must rely on the SA, but the SA might miss something, or what seems ok to the SA doesn't seem ok to me. KWIM? How I wish they sell the mini cabat outside Hawaii....

I hate to say it, but this is why I'll never order something like this online. I'm not willing to take the risk and go thru the hassle. God knows how much inspection I do in the boutique when I have 3 or 4 of the item right in front of me.
Easy to say when you have plenty of boutiques surrounding you though.

Sorry to hear about the crease. I've had one that was shipped to me and got creases on both sides, but after 2-3 uses, the bag is now smooth and beautiful without any trace of the creases.

SO of Ottone Capri? OMG, you must show us the picture when you get it.

I hate to say it, but this is why I'll never order something like this online. I'm not willing to take the risk and go thru the hassle. God knows how much inspection I do in the boutique when I have 3 or 4 of the item right in front of me.
Easy to say when you have plenty of boutiques surrounding you though.

I am like you too, if I am in the boutique I look at all bags available there to inspect and pick. That's why I rarely buy bags online or on the phone. BUT the mini cabat is only available in Hawaii, that's why I had to order it without seeing it in person....

I'm sorry you're disappointed. My small Cabat was shipped from Hawai'i as well, and I know it's difficult to shop via shipments--we had no other choice. I completely understand.

Did you share your concern with Bryan regarding the dye variation on the handle? If you emailed photos to him, it might help him understand the situation a bit better. If you still really want the lilac, I'm sure you'll be able to get the situation resolved. It won't hurt to ask Bryan about it.

As for the creases on the side, I agree with the others. Mine arrived with a crease on one side, too. I was initially concerned that I'd notice it forever, but after keeping it stuffed when not in use, I think the crease is going away (I've only had it a few months).

Hi, so can you see the discolored area in these pics? I think it looks pretty clear and noticeable. And since the cabat is a very open style, i can totally see this every time i put the bag down....what you think? would this bother you?

Attachments

• DSC07425.JPG
    DSC07425.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC07427.JPG
    DSC07427.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC07431.JPG
    DSC07431.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 130
Well, I am really a perfectionist and want my bags to be perfect so I see where you are coming from. However, I try to remember the quotes on another thread from Thomas Maier - that BVs are meant to be enjoyed and loved and not museum pieces and the more worn in and used the better they look. This mark you are showing honestly wouldn't bother me...if I use and love the bag it is going to get some minor marks anyways. However, if YOU are bothered by it, you should go with that feeling...you are the one carrying it and for the price you should be happy. I know when I finally get a cabat I want to be very very happy with the purchase. For me, I wouldn't care, but you should go with your gut.

^^^ ITA with Olympia177 - this mark is on the interior of the bag and the interior plate which is soft, will get marks from use anyway so it would not bother me. but this is your bag, and only you can decide what you can live with.