My mini Cabas Chyc came, But has a defect!!

MomoMama

Dec 8, 2012
Well...my new baby arrived at my home in Japan from NM in the USA. It took long way! I was soooo exited, you know. I opened the box, and when I saw the Mini Cabas Chyc in black, I smiled. I checked the guarantee cards and a leather sample were included or not. Yes, they were in the inner pocket. I changed my clothes to a night out dress, because my mini should be used as a date or night out bag. Yap! So pretty!

OK, now it is a checking time! I check all parts one by one.

OMG...Σ(・□・;)the bag has a defect on a metal part of the handle. The gold plate is cracked and inner dull metal color shows up. I paid full price $1850- and it is NOT acceptable... I hope they will refund shipping fee too $90-
NM.com really makes me so upset because I have to go to JP custom to get refund duty and tax. How about returning from JP to USA shipping fee! I need to call them... Sigh.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 1,136
Better to see the defect...

One thing I'll let you know is this mini leather is not really great quality compare to my CC large and medium. It's mouton=sheep, but it's not soft at all. Very dry-up touch. And shoulder strap is cheep looking, so I should have ordered large Muse instead...

Well, I think I will order a bag from Saks.com, not NM....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 1,088
oh, this is bad, very bad, however it might be good regarding the cheap look. As defected you can claim shipping charge which is huge, as well, and order yourself a nice Muse instead, they are still made of amazing leather. I hate decline of quality with increase of prices which occured with Miu Miu and Mulberry, I was hoping that YSL will be one isle of hope (aside from Hermes). There were amazing Muses on Reebonz last nigh for great prices.

oh, this is bad, very bad, however it might be good regarding the cheap look. As defected you can claim shipping charge which is huge, as well, and order yourself a nice Muse instead, they are still made of amazing leather. I hate decline of quality with increase of prices which occured with Miu Miu and Mulberry, I was hoping that YSL will be one isle of hope (aside from Hermes). There were amazing Muses on Reebonz last nigh for great prices.
What kind of Muses does Reebonz have? Is it for members only?

I did go and take a look at the new Yline bags at YSL. Personally I prefer the leather of the old designs. Plus the new line is just too pricey. I think I will go for Bal bags after getting one more Muse. Hopefully Bal bags will not change much under Alexander Wang. Oh well!

Last edited:

Thank you Vesna!

I'll ask Japanese SA of NM tomorrow. Hope she is nice and accept full refund with shipping fee and returning fee too!

After I cool down and take a look at the mini CC, the quality is not equal to the price.
I know how muse, muse2, and easy are great design and leather.
I think the best design for me is medium Muse. And the best leather quality is bubbly easy. Muse2 is also great design too.

I think the leather quality of CC is totally depends on each bag. Because my large CC is really yummy soft sheep leather, and medium is great looking, but leather is worse than large CC. It's dry-up and thin leather, and not soft at all. I actually returned large CC in black because of the poor quality leather.

Even I return a large Muse bag in tartan green. There are 2 reasons. One is the color doesn't match my wardrobes. Second, the behind of the inner leather tag has engraved ; 'serial number' and 'Made in Italy'. They are misprinted and super shallow, so I can barely read the number and 'Mad', and can't read 'e in Italy'. The Muse is from Saks.com, so it is authentic, but I was uncomfortable about this misprint, so I returned it just couple of days ago.

I learned from my recent shopping. I think I can't find large Muse in violet(purple), or Magenta. So I'll move onto Chanel. Before buying Chanel, maybe I'll buy a Gucci leather bag or a Cartier watch.
Hope Muse bag with colors will come back again! But don't omit front face 'Y'!

Last edited:
Thank you Vesna!

I'll ask Japanese SA of NM tomorrow. Hope she is nice and accept full refund with shipping fee and returning fee too!

After I cool down and take a look at the mini CC, the quality is not equal to the price.
I know how muse, muse2, and easy are great design and leather.
I think the best design for me is medium Muse. And the best leather quality is bubbly easy. Muse2 is also great design too.

I think the leather quality of CC is totally depends on each bag. Because my large CC is really yummy soft sheep leather, and medium is great looking, but leather is worse than large CC. It's dry-up and thin leather, and not soft at all. I actually returned large CC in black because of the poor quality leather.

Even I return a large Muse bag in tartan green. There are 2 reasons. One is the color doesn't match my wardrobes. Second, the behind of the inner leather tag has engraved ; 'serial number' and 'Made in Italy'. They are misprinted and super shallow, so I can barely read the number and 'Mad', and can't read 'e in Italy'. The Muse is from Saks.com, so it is authentic, but I was uncomfortable about this misprint, so I returned it just couple of days ago.

I learned from my recent shopping. I think I can't find large Muse in violet(purple), or Magenta. So I'll move onto Chanel. Before buying Chanel, maybe I'll buy a Gucci leather bag or a Cartier watch.
Hope Muse bag with colors will come back again! But don't omit front face 'Y'!
Hi Momo - YSL store in Matsuya Ginza has the Magenta Muse. The SA there showed it to me a couple of weeks ago. They are doing sale now, so you may want to check it out.