My MIL's first trip to Coach outlet and we found her a B'day present!

DisneyFun

O.G.
May 22, 2008
On another thread I mentioned that MIL and I went to the outlet over Labor Day weekend. She was in town visiting and it was her first ever trip to a Coach outlet. She has been a long-time admirer of Coach but would never dream of splurging on herself. There's no outlet near where she lives, so I've been telling her about the great deals that I read on TPF, so she was quite excited.

She picked out the legacy shoulder in walnut first and tried it out. It looked great on her and I could tell she was in love with it. She looked at the price tag and put it back. She looked at other stuff and found the black signature ergo tote and seemed to really like it as well. In the end, she couldn't decide which one she wanted and decided not to get either. What!! This is where she and I are different. If I can't decide and I love both, I'll get both, but I understand where she's coming from and I think she's still resisting on spending $100+ on herself. I told her that DH and I would love to treat her to an early B'day present, but she insisted that a nice drawing from her grand kids would do. Anyway, while she was going back and forth between the legacy shoulder and the tote, I got hold of the SA who enabled me earlier with all those scarves and told her to grab the legacy shoulder and put it behind the cashier and I'll pay for it along with my Gigi. When I was ready to leave, I told MIL to wait outside where there was seating as it was getting really crowded and the line to pay was insane. This little walnut beauty is hiding inside my closet now and will find its way into MIL's luggage when she leaves next week ;) Even though she likes the tote, I think the legacy bag looks gorgeous on her and I'm a little biased towards that bag as I have one in teal patent myself and :heart: :heart: :heart: it! Don't you just love spreading Coach love around??

Attachments

• walnut legacy shoulder.JPG
    walnut legacy shoulder.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 125
You are so fantastic! Imagine how loved she will feel when she gets home and is surprised by the lovely bag you got for her on the sly. Kudos to you! :woohoo:

Your are the sweetest dil in the whole wide world. What wonderful present you got her. Be sure and let us know how she reacts when she sees that bag. I bet she will be so happy.

Oh wow, that's amazing! What a great story! It wouldn't surprise me if this will bring tears to her eyes. That's very thoughtful of you, and I'm sure she'll be floored when she finds her lovely surprise.