My MBMJ Classic Q City bag arrived from NM ... with damage! Keep it?

lorihmatthews

A taste for the arts
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
I have been deciding whether or not to keep this bag since it arrived yesterday. I think it's growing on me. The color is great for fall. I also got it for a great price during one of NM's midday dashes for only $214. Here's the actual bag:

MBMJClassicQCitybag-2.jpg

The issue is that one of the short handles has a 1" scratch on it that took the color completely off. Do I just suck it up and keep it because it was a great price and it will probably get more scratches anyway? I checked online and NM no longer has this bag.

Opinions please!

Scratch:

MBMJClassicQCityscratch.jpg

Oh no! I would return it if I found a scratch like that. Since it is sold out at NM, perhaps you can cover the scratch with acyrilic paint? Good luck!

That is a great everyday color, btw!

i would call customer service and request a discount or replacement bag personally. they most likely are sold out, so they'd probably give you a discount i would think.

I would contact NM and see if they have another in their system. They will usually honor the sale price if yours is damaged.

If they don't have another, I would take this to the fabric store and see what would cover the scratch. It is a fantastic price for a great bag!

I would contact NM and see if they have another in their system. They will usually honor the sale price if yours is damaged.

If they don't have another, I would take this to the fabric store and see what would cover the scratch. It is a fantastic price for a great bag!
ITA! :yes:
if all else fails, Diego to the rescue!

I would assume that the reason they put it on Midday Dash was because they wanted to get rid of the last few. I would call up and ask for a replacement and if they do not have one then let them know you will be expecting a price adjustment or you will be returning it. They should do something. :tup:

I almost guarantee you if you call CS about this they will give you 10% off.

Well if you had put money on that you would have won your bet! :nuts:

I called CS and they do not have any more in stock, it's a discontinued color. The CS rep said I could either return it for a refund or she would give me 10% off. I took the 10% which = $21.40 credit. Works for me!

good deal! my bag had the same problem on the handle & i was also debating on returning it. i got the groovee in the same color for 50% off at nordies about a month ago. i decided to keep it since it was such a good deal & haven't really noticed the scratch since i've ben using it. glad it worked out for you too!:biggrin: