My Matinee Tassel Modification Experiment **pics**

elizat

Sep 21, 2007
That looks great! I really don't care for my long tassels either, TBH... I think I may try this surgery of sorts!

bags4fun

Crazy about tennis!!
O.G.
Aug 30, 2007
Kansas City
Ahhh Kooba lover thank you for posting this tool!!!! I ordered one up and I am goignt ot do this to my balenciaga bags as well!!!! !!!! :yahoo:
aaaaaccckkkkkkkk! I love the long tassels! That is the first thing I noticed about my first RM MAM that I received today.:heart:

littlerock

Love is Love is Love
Admin
O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
In the moment
Great job- it looks so professional. I too LOVE the long tassels but more on my MAM.. I think the Matinee would look great with shorter tassels.

leighpurse

Feb 14, 2008
Nice job!
I generally like the long tassels, but the way you shortened the tassels makes your matinee look more balanced! Such a good idea....

MzErica81

O.G.
Jan 28, 2008
Burbs of Chicago
You are one brave woman! That really turned out well. I wish that I were that crafty. I actually adore the long tassels on my Matinee but it's nice to know that there is a way to shorten them for those that aren't attracted to that look.

Nov 30, 2007
I have a question. I purchased a Matinee in ocean blue and gold from a local boutique and it doesn't have tassels. Do all of them come with tassels because I would actually like some? Thank you in advance.

LindaP

O.G.
Dec 31, 2007
Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia USA
This is such a fabulous idea! I just got my first RM MAM and the only thing I'm not crazy about are the long tassles, I'm just not a tassle person. I thought of just taking them off entirely but that would make it harder to zip and unzip.

I don't know if I'm brave enough to try this though, I don't even sew on a button but it sure would be great to be able to modify these, I LOVE how your shorter tassles look!

Brilliant idea!

Linda