My Matas are too big :(

gemini82

May 22, 2010
I bought a pair of used Mata in black, was so happy as the style is really hard to find and I paid over 200 pounds for them... Bet that seller was pleased. ^^

I think they are jazz leather. I thought they were patent as that is what they looked like in the pictures, but they are definitely not patent. Too shiny to be normal calf though.

I got them in a size 40 and expected them to maybe be a little bit big, I wear 39-40 in CL depending on style. But they are HUGE.

I put insoles and a heel grip in them and even then they are too big. So disappointed. :sad:

If I put another insole in my feet sits too high in the shoe because of the low cut sides. What else can I do? Should I try another heel grip? I don't want to sell them as I know I am going to lose so much money...

I bought a pair of used Mata in black, was so happy as the style is really hard to find and I paid over 200 pounds for them... Bet that seller was pleased. ^^

I think they are jazz leather. I thought they were patent as that is what they looked like in the pictures, but they are definitely not patent. Too shiny to be normal calf though.

I got them in a size 40 and expected them to maybe be a little bit big, I wear 39-40 in CL depending on style. But they are HUGE.

I put insoles and a heel grip in them and even then they are too big. So disappointed. :sad:

If I put another insole in my feet sits too high in the shoe because of the low cut sides. What else can I do? Should I try another heel grip? I don't want to sell them as I know I am going to lose so much money...

Are you sure you couldn't resell them? I see lots of CLs on ebay going for way above £200. I know exactly how you feel though, I have a TDF pair that, long story short, I'd lose money on if tried to sell and they're gorgeous, but they are just too big. To make them *just* fit, I doubled up on puffy suede heel grips. I found that if I cut the grips in half and position it at the very top of the shoe heel so my actual heel fits under it, it works as a stop-gap that keeps my foot in the shoe. Hope that helps!

Since they are such an old style and not hot or popular I highly doubt I would get my money back. I just wanted a classic pump with a thicker heel for going shopping etc. Gutted that they turned out to be so big!

But have ordered som extra heel grips, will try and see if that works. :smile: