My Marelle MM has disappeared into the ether...

Thanks, but how long should we allocate time to wait for the package before we consider filing a dispute? Especially for international packages?

I agree with south-of-france. Give the seller some time to get the problem sorted first before filing a dispute. File maybe on day 40 - 42. After filing a dispute, you have 20 days to communicate with the seller. Within the 20 days you must escalate to a claim if the item doesn't turn up. After the 20th day, if there is no claim paypal will close the dispute.

If the item arrives after a claim, then you should definitely pay the seller again! :smile:

I have had to file insurance claim and you have to wait 15 days from when postage was bought , seller will have to file, as she has all the org paperwork, they will take photo copies and the post office will give money back in 6 weeks. Seller should file and remb. you now and then she will get the check to her as she filed for insurance!

Good luck hope they find your package!

I personally wouldn't wait for 40 days. . . I'd wait 2 weeks for an Int'l package and then file.
It can always be closed, but I'd get it open.

The problem with that is it doesn't give sellers (the honest ones) enough time to work with the post office. Not sure how it works in the US, but Australia Post won't even investigate until after 3 weeks after the post date and then 2 months before they'd pay out the insurance - this is for international post.

Unfortunately there are unscrupulous sellers who will just string you along until the 45 days expires so you are unable to file a claim.

Definitely go by the seller's feedback and trust your own instincts.

I agree with south-of-france. Give the seller some time to get the problem sorted first before filing a dispute. File maybe on day 40 - 42. After filing a dispute, you have 20 days to communicate with the seller. Within the 20 days you must escalate to a claim if the item doesn't turn up. After the 20th day, if there is no claim paypal will close the dispute.

If the item arrives after a claim, then you should definitely pay the seller again! :smile:
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! :yes:

Oky dokey, another update:

Just before the 45th day I opened a dispute with paypal, which is basically just a forum to communicate with the seller. The seller asked me to wait another week because the bag should arrive, but unfortunately it never arrived this week so I'll let her know that.

Hopefully then she'll work with the post to claim insurance, but if the 20 days for the dispute is up and I still don't have a bag or a refund, I'll have to make a paypal claim (where paypal decides what happens - hopefully I'd get a refund).

If the bag ever did turn up, I'd cancel the dispute of course, and if I do get a refund and a few more weeks down the track the bag shows up, I'll pay the seller back.:yes:

Sounds like a plan, but somehow I'm not sure this will end well :sad:.

I'm one of those silly meek people that hates confrontation so filing that paypal dispute made me literally feel ill because I didn't want to upset the seller.

The only reason I'm a bit irked with her is because I paid more postage so the bag could be sent express and be TRACKED, not sent by regular airmail with no tracking whatsoever.