My Marc Jacobs finally came! But...

my.angiee

Aug 13, 2009
So ever since I had my eyes on the Marc Jacobs Leola Zip Hobo in Ivory, I fell in love and just had to order it online! I live in Canada, so I finally ordered the bag from Neiman Marcus. It arrived just 10 minutes ago but the very disappointing thing is...the one zipper at the back didn't have the hanging "marc jacobs" detail. It was just one broken zipper. Since this is my very first Marc Jacobs, I needed it to be perfect and I found this black small scuff mark on it and it just ruined it in my eyes.

The color of ivory was nice but it had gone to patches of dark brown that even I cannot describe! I read the card that was attached to it indicating how "any variation in the colour and grain are characteristics of the leather!". I really like the ivory compared to the black, but if it's going to turn out like that, I might as well return it and get a black or order from somewhere else!

Attachments

• IMG_0282.jpg
    IMG_0282.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0284.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 145
oh my.. definitely return it! That broken zipper is unacceptable :nono:

I don't remember if NM gives free return shipping, if they don't I would suggest that you call customer service and ask for a free shipping label since you're returning it because the bag is defective and not because you had a change of heart.

Good luck...

I agree that the broken zipper pull is grounds enough for return/exchange

As for the color you noticed, this is normal with this bag - it's the way that the leather was treated in order to achieve the look of the leather. It's probably more noticeable on the Ivory bag since it's such a light color, but I saw a bag in this color at the MbyMJ store and it looked the same way - it's almost like a "washing" effect. It gives the color depth and adds dimension. It's less obvious on the Black bag, but with it's there with all the other colors

as for the bag itself, I absolutely LOVE mine and have been using it non-stop since I got it. The leather has gotten even more amazingly soft!!!

Definitely return it! The zipper is unacceptable and it sounds like you would be more comfortable with a darker color (I would be too). I hope you get something you LOVE!

yes, definitely return it.... hopefully they'll pay for the return shipping, etc. Get yourself a brand new and perfect bag if you're paying full price!

I completely agree with everyone else - that broken zip
& the scuff mark are completely unacceptable and I am sure you wouldn't have to pay to return something that is faulty.

I'm not a fan of light-coloured bags (I just know I'd get them dirty!) but I think I would find the discolouration of the leather very annoying - whether it was meant to be like that or not. I've ordered the same bag in black but I'm still waiting for it to arrive!

aw, i'm sorry it didn't work out...you should definitely return the bag - do SAs not check out a bag's condition before sending it off?! :shocked:

Awww, I'm sorry that happened to you with a bag you were so excited about! I'm actually looking at getting an ivory one myself, but now I'm not so sure after reading your post on the color variation -- i spotted that in some stock photos from dept stores, but didn't think much of it until now. Please keep us up to date, because we hope this story has a happy ending!

When I saw this bag at MbyMJ, I didn't look at the tag - does it say "Ivory" or "Beige"? The SAs at MbyMJ kept calling this color Beige - if the true name is Ivory, it's really more of an "Antiqued" Ivory -- it's got warm, golden undertones to it