My man doesn't understand. He thinks one bag is enough

arobin

Newly Bag Obsessed
Aug 20, 2008
I am being teased mercilessly for being on a purse forum. Every time he sees me even looking at a pic of a bag I get "YOU'RE BUYING ANOTHER BAG?!?!". I have purchased 2 bags this fall, both pretty inexpensive. Last time i purchased a bag was in April and it was FOURTY DOLLARS. sheesh.

How do you deal with this? Ignore? Punch in the face?

He has his "something" too, I'm sure. Sports? Video Games? Fishing? Cars? Wrestling?

Try to equate it to something like that. If he's always on IGN checking for release dates of PS3 games or watching their trailers, then tell him that looking at the fall lineup of Tano coming to MustHaveBag is like watching the Fallout 3 trailer.

I get the same treatment. I do admit that all 3 closets are filled with bags, shoes, clothes etc. My bf just doesn't get why I need so many bags and think 2-3 should suffice. I just ignore him and tell him that 2-3 bags is like owning 2-3 pairs of underwear, it just isn't enough. He laughed and said "no more bags, unless you sell some". I agreed and it's been good so far.

He has his "something" too, I'm sure. Sports? Video Games? Fishing? Cars? Wrestling?

Try to equate it to something like that. If he's always on IGN checking for release dates of PS3 games or watching their trailers, then tell him that looking at the fall lineup of Tano coming to MustHaveBag is like watching the Fallout 3 trailer.

Do you know my boyfriend? Ps3, Xbox360 and Wii.
However, I play thouse games too.
He buys a LOT of pants though and i get no use out of them.

I get the same treatment. I do admit that all 3 closets are filled with bags, shoes, clothes etc. My bf just doesn't get why I need so many bags and think 2-3 should suffice. I just ignore him and tell him that 2-3 bags is like owning 2-3 pairs of underwear, it just isn't enough. He laughed and said "no more bags, unless you sell some". I agreed and it's been good so far.

Well, mine doesn't say "no more". He knows better than that. But naging doesn't stop!

Do you know my boyfriend? Ps3, Xbox360 and Wii.
However, I play thouse games too.
He buys a LOT of pants though and i get no use out of them.

Nah, but I know my fiance. :rolleyes: I'm lucky that he's supportive (only while my tastes remain fairly inexpensive, I'm sure) but he still has to relate it to his things to get it. :yes:

Nah, but I know my fiance. :rolleyes: I'm lucky that he's supportive (only while my tastes remain fairly inexpensive, I'm sure) but he still has to relate it to his things to get it. :yes:

This gave me an idea. I should start leaving my laptop open on pics of Coach bags and LVs and such, then maybe he'll be grateful I'm buying Tanos.

It's sort of a losing battle... I've tried to compare it to a lot of things (like, "you know how you need a whole set of golf clubs to play the game? and how each one serves a different purpose? well...") but that doesn't work. I've found that just saying "hey, it's my thing, let it go" works better than anything. He knows they make me happy, so he has stopped commenting as much. Maybe he's just given up on me? :shrugs: :lol:

My DH teases me when he sees the boxes arrive, but he doesn't nag me. I'd have a huge problem with that!

April, I just realized we are bag twins, we both have the Boogie Bucket in Grape

Last edited: