My man doesn't understand. He thinks one bag is enough

arobin

Newly Bag Obsessed
Aug 20, 2008
Northern New Jersey
I am being teased mercilessly for being on a purse forum. Every time he sees me even looking at a pic of a bag I get "YOU'RE BUYING ANOTHER BAG?!?!". I have purchased 2 bags this fall, both pretty inexpensive. Last time i purchased a bag was in April and it was FOURTY DOLLARS. sheesh.

How do you deal with this? Ignore? Punch in the face?

fafnir

O.G.
Jul 25, 2008
Portland
My DH didn't understand either, I just learned to ignore him. Tell him it's all part of the deal and it gives you joy.

beeb

budget bag-lover
O.G.
May 29, 2008
Po' House
He has his "something" too, I'm sure. Sports? Video Games? Fishing? Cars? Wrestling?

Try to equate it to something like that. If he's always on IGN checking for release dates of PS3 games or watching their trailers, then tell him that looking at the fall lineup of Tano coming to MustHaveBag is like watching the Fallout 3 trailer.

kings_20

Sep 23, 2007
Canada
I get the same treatment. I do admit that all 3 closets are filled with bags, shoes, clothes etc. My bf just doesn't get why I need so many bags and think 2-3 should suffice. I just ignore him and tell him that 2-3 bags is like owning 2-3 pairs of underwear, it just isn't enough. He laughed and said "no more bags, unless you sell some". I agreed and it's been good so far.

arobin

Newly Bag Obsessed
Aug 20, 2008
Northern New Jersey
He has his "something" too, I'm sure. Sports? Video Games? Fishing? Cars? Wrestling?

Try to equate it to something like that. If he's always on IGN checking for release dates of PS3 games or watching their trailers, then tell him that looking at the fall lineup of Tano coming to MustHaveBag is like watching the Fallout 3 trailer.
Do you know my boyfriend? Ps3, Xbox360 and Wii.
However, I play thouse games too.
He buys a LOT of pants though and i get no use out of them.

arobin

Newly Bag Obsessed
Aug 20, 2008
Northern New Jersey
I get the same treatment. I do admit that all 3 closets are filled with bags, shoes, clothes etc. My bf just doesn't get why I need so many bags and think 2-3 should suffice. I just ignore him and tell him that 2-3 bags is like owning 2-3 pairs of underwear, it just isn't enough. He laughed and said "no more bags, unless you sell some". I agreed and it's been good so far.
Well, mine doesn't say "no more". He knows better than that. But naging doesn't stop!

beeb

budget bag-lover
O.G.
May 29, 2008
Po' House
Do you know my boyfriend? Ps3, Xbox360 and Wii.
However, I play thouse games too.
He buys a LOT of pants though and i get no use out of them.
Nah, but I know my fiance. :rolleyes: I'm lucky that he's supportive (only while my tastes remain fairly inexpensive, I'm sure) but he still has to relate it to his things to get it. :yes:

arobin

Newly Bag Obsessed
Aug 20, 2008
Northern New Jersey
Nah, but I know my fiance. :rolleyes: I'm lucky that he's supportive (only while my tastes remain fairly inexpensive, I'm sure) but he still has to relate it to his things to get it. :yes:
This gave me an idea. I should start leaving my laptop open on pics of Coach bags and LVs and such, then maybe he'll be grateful I'm buying Tanos.

TygerKitty

~*~ addicted ~*~
O.G.
Feb 26, 2008
Colorado
Ahhhh the joys of living alone ;) My coworker always asks about my bags but he's an electronics whore so I simply remind him of that lol

wordbox

so in love!
O.G.
Feb 26, 2007
The North Pole
It's sort of a losing battle... I've tried to compare it to a lot of things (like, "you know how you need a whole set of golf clubs to play the game? and how each one serves a different purpose? well...") but that doesn't work. I've found that just saying "hey, it's my thing, let it go" works better than anything. He knows they make me happy, so he has stopped commenting as much. Maybe he's just given up on me? :shrugs: :lol:

gypsybiker59

wag more, bark less
Jun 7, 2008
down by the river
My DH teases me when he sees the boxes arrive, but he doesn't nag me. I'd have a huge problem with that!

April, I just realized we are bag twins, we both have the Boogie Bucket in Grape

Last edited: