my mall's turning into a designer mall

bluebellrose

Aug 19, 2013
don't know where exactly to post this, but seriously I walked though my local mall yesterday and I saw a micheal kors about to be opened under construction, we already have a coach fp store. There's fossil, roots and some mid range designer stores like guess. No sign of the super expensive ones though

tiggycat

Jul 29, 2009
It's not clear whether you are happy about this change or not?

I'm in Toronto and it seems like we have expensive-ish stores (Coach, MK) on up to the very high end ones (LV, Hermes) and cheap stores (Target, Walmart) and nothing much in between.

Same with the department stores, the Bay and even Sears are trying to compete with Holt Renfrew (sorry if you are in a place that doesn't have these stores and don't understand what I mean) and have gotten away from their traditional price/quality levels.

But if you just want a reasonably priced no-name bag or dress or whatever, that will look nice and not fall apart after a few wears, there doesn't seem to be much out there.

bluebellrose

Aug 19, 2013
meh, I'd wish sears would offer their midrange bags and stuff a lot more. I have to say i prefer the roots wallets they're selling a lot more than the designer "designer" brands. Roots takes into the fact that one accumulates tons of loyalty cards. If I were to upgrade my wallet again, I'd go for a roots large clutch as you actually have a wallet that fits your needs. All the designer wallets have at best 16 slots.

Although on the other hand i can't blame the designer brands deciding to open up shop here. We have an influx of folks from "mainland" china buying designer gear because it's "authentic" and not fake as opposed to their homeland. Not sure if that's the case. ._. Any thoughts?

Like I had a customer at my till in superstore buy like around $1400 worth of clothes and it was a store brand "joe fresh"