My Maiden Voyage to Hermes NYC

Not me, I'm afraid. I'm not sure where Bistro Liaison is but I'd love to know because we're getting a little tired of our old few tried-and-true restaurants! :yes:

Well, good thing I didn’t say anything then, I am extremely shy. :shame: I would have made a fool out of myself. Not to mention my husband would have wanted to crawl into a cave. :yes:

The restaurant is pretty good, I really like their Bouillabaisse and Boeuf Bourguignon. And if you are lucky, their coq au vin on their special menu is great, even better than Paris. :sad: . Here’s their website. Hope that helps.

| Liaison Bistro |

Sorry, Princess, didn't mean to take over the thread. :yes:

Congrats! sounds like a fun trip - oh too bad HG didn't know your family and then we could all find out what you were getting lol!! I dragged my surly teen to the Rockettes show in Boston today against her will and she actually did thank me afterwards....shocking! Shoppingbaglady - shopmom's idea of diamond flipflops might be a little much but they do make awesome Swarovski ones!!

BEAUTIFUL Wallet POH!! Congratulations, and the ADDICTION is starting!:yahoo:

You are ALL so LUCKY to be able to go to your NEAREST H-boutique! and possibly meet each other! Can't wait to do that next year (2007).

Thank you so much everyone. I really do love my new wallet. I keep taking it out to look at it. I was home yesterday hanging out with my kids and cleaning up the house. Had to take it out just to look at!!!

Shoppingbaglady...I am totally with you. I was dressed casual chic (at least I thought so) but I left my diamonds at home b/c I was going to be taking the train into NYC and a subway uptown. I was only wearing my platinum wedding band. I think that is why an SA thought maybe I was carrying a fake or an imitation. Also, I had the perforated H on the inside. Ha, ha...she should only know I was to end up buying a wallet...and my H buying really has only begun!!! :wtf: :wtf:

Congrats, POTH, on your first H experience and your lovely new wallet! Sorry you encountered a snotty SA. I've been in the Madison Ave. store hundreds of times (not hundreds of thousands, like a dear boardie we know!) and have always found the SA's to be overly solicitous despite my very casual attire. Maybe they are all being kind in deference to my age - LOL!!

Looking forward to lunching with you next month!

Congrats, POTH, on your first H experience and your lovely new wallet! Sorry you encountered a snotty SA. I've been in the Madison Ave. store hundreds of times (not hundreds of thousands, like a dear boardie we know!) and have always found the SA's to be overly solicitous despite my very casual attire. Maybe they are all being kind in deference to my age - LOL!!
ninja sue, i am in the over 60 club,
and that didn't help me with that particular SA! :yucky:
i have been in the madison avenue store many times,
always in very casual attire, with or without my flip-flops,
sometimes buying and sometimes just browsing,
and the SA's have always been helpful and lovely.
this was an SA i did not recognize and i was asking
to see (and touch) the diamond croc bag.
women in flip flops and jeans and their ability and right
to shop @ Hermes are, IMHO, mutually exclusive,
something this particular SA did not understand. :confused1:

oh, princess, that bearn is stunning.. now, i want one in black too... gosh, sorry to hear about the snotty SA.. just dont mind those not to so nice ppl.. just buy whatever you want..... and as for your hubby not being so keen into H yet, give him time.. hehehe.. congrats again on your lovely wallet..