My LV story - recommend a wallet for me

kcoach

Jul 23, 2013
So I'm an LV newbie - in the last month, I've bought a pre-loved mono speedy 30, a new mono key pouch, and a pre-loved mono Emilie wallet (red accents). I love the speedy and plan to use it for the first time tomorrow. I wasn't happy with the condition of the Emilie, so am returning it. I was thinking for the cost of what I spent on the Emilie, plus the new key pouch, I could buy a new wallet. Since I haven't started using the key pouch, I think I will return it and exchange it for a wallet. I can't keep the key pouch AND buy a new wallet though. And if I'm being honest with myself, I know I'm super picky and buying pre-loved items is a risky game for me.

I'm thinking Josephine or Emilie. But I want the Josephine in the red, which is sold out. I found ONE last red one (it really is the last one showing in inventory!) and they are sending it to my local store. When it comes in, I thought I'd return the key pouch and get the wallet. I could use the extra Josephine coin pouch to store the stuff I'd planned to store in the key pouch.

My question is - should I get the red Josephine or the fuchsia Emilie? I've read the threads on Josephine vs Emilie, but still can't decide. Is the red Josephine likely to have issues with peeling, etc? If the red is likely to have quality issues, I could go with either the fuchsia Emilie or the fuchsia Josephine.

Thoughts or suggestions are very welcome!

It just boils down to whether you like your wallet to lay flat or accordion style. Red was also my first choice but I ended up getting the Emilie and Fuchsia and LVOE it! It's SO light and my phone fits in there! Good luck.

i'm debating between these two wallets too actually!!! ☺️ but leaning more towards the emilie because of the more simplisitc design.. the larger open space that is supposedly for cash is the perfect place to put my phone or any other small accessories so that the wallet can double as the clutch! thinking it might be a bit more difficult to do with the josephine without the phone leaving any dents in the leather

For some reason the coin pouch in the Josephine doesn't appeal to me, I was debating between the Emilie and Sarah but the new Sarah (16 card slots) is way too big for what I carry, so I've pretty much decided on the Emilie.

I know the condition of emilie wallets can very especially with some I've seen but the one I got in fuschia just after its release was excellent and I have not put her down since I got her. Like another poster said it depends what you want out of a wallet for me, I carry a lot of cards and cles so I keep my main cards in my emilie along with cash and coins and other cards in my cles which works out well for me. I can also fit extra cards in my emilie, and it fits my phone in and my passport :smile: I love the extra pockets in it . I think the button peeling happens sometimes with keys in your bag? at least that's what I've read. I couldn't get used to the Josephine when it was unfolded so I preferred the emilie.

good luck deciding :smile::biggrin:

I know the condition of emilie wallets can very especially with some I've seen but the one I got in fuschia just after its release was excellent and I have not put her down since I got her. Like another poster said it depends what you want out of a wallet for me, I carry a lot of cards and cles so I keep my main cards in my emilie along with cash and coins and other cards in my cles which works out well for me. I can also fit extra cards in my emilie, and it fits my phone in and my passport :smile: I love the extra pockets in it . I think the button peeling happens sometimes with keys in your bag? at least that's what I've read. I couldn't get used to the Josephine when it was unfolded so I preferred the emilie.

good luck deciding :smile::biggrin:

I'll have to really look the Emilie and Josephine over when I get there. Hopefully, if I choose the Emilie, they won't be mad at me for having the red Josephine sent...

It just boils down to whether you like your wallet to lay flat or accordion style. Red was also my first choice but I ended up getting the Emilie and Fuchsia and LVOE it! It's SO light and my phone fits in there! Good luck.

agreed with this. that's the only reason I'm drawn to and love wallets like the Sarah and Emilie bc i like the accordion style. personal preference really. a new wallet is worth investing, it'll last you for a long time. GL!

agreed with this. that's the only reason I'm drawn to and love wallets like the Sarah and Emilie bc i like the accordion style. personal preference really. a new wallet is worth investing, it'll last you for a long time. GL!
I've never had a trifold and tend to like accordian style but I'll have to play with both of them! And maybe others...

Since you like accordion style, do you also like ziparounds? If so, check out the Clemence wallet next time you visit the boutique. It's a lighter weight, narrower cousin to the zippy wallet, IMO. Clemence also comes with a fuchsia interior. It's only $50 more than Jo/Emilie but has twice as many card slots.

Since you like accordion style, do you also like ziparounds? If so, check out the Clemence wallet next time you visit the boutique. It's a lighter weight, narrower cousin to the zippy wallet, IMO. Clemence also comes with a fuchsia interior. It's only $50 more than Jo/Emilie but has twice as many card slots.

+1 LOVE my clemence!

I bought the Josephine wallet strictly for the fact the coin purse can be removed. I put my checkbook in there. I love how this wallet works for me. I also have the zippy organizer for a big wallet, to carry cc I dont use often. Good luck deciding