My LV Montsouris GM saga

LVBagLady

O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
I bought a Montsouris GM backpack just before NewYear's on the bay. Seller description stated bag was in excellent condition and only used a handful of times. There were 3 pics. Two kind of dark pics of front and back. Couldn't get a good look at leather. Other pic was a good one of Made in france font. I messaged seller and requested pics of date code and bottom of bag. Both looked good. I bought it.

LVBagLady

O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
Needless, to say, I was dissapointed. It is obvious the bag has been used more than a handful of times. The leather is very dark with some stains, water marks and looks kind of dirty. My bad for not asking for more pics. I stilled used it. Overall its in good condition. No rips, tears or odors. But every time I looked at the vachetta I felt sad. :cry:
I didn't shut off my save search notifications for the backpack so I kept getting notifications and found one in better condition. I asked the seller a lot of questions, made an offer and it arrived today. Even though it is older it is obvious it hasn't been used a lot. But now I'm kind of attached to the dirty one. Its soft and broken in. But the new one looks so good. I think I'm crazy. :nuts:

LVBagLady

O.G.
Jan 19, 2006

Both bags have been authenticated by Carol. I also had the first one I bought (rhe dark one) authenticated on here right around NewYears.

I'm gonna have to part with the dark one. I can't keep both. :P

Also on a major ban. Big time car repair to my lower arm control both driver and passenger side. My driver side wheel almost fell off. Luckily, I was in slow traffic and not on highway. Broke down at the entrance to my complex.

phillj12

O.G.
Nov 28, 2008
Washington DC
The one in better condition looks beautiful! Better to get that one dirty on your own rather than keep one that's already dirty! Enjoy!

Tgw225

Jan 16, 2013
Hi there, sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm a new user (can't start a new topic) with a question...

Will the Moyen Montsouris (10" x 12") comfortably fit my iPad (9.5" height)?

Thanks!

LVBagLady

O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
Congrats. I have this backpack and it looks like the darker one.
Great finding!
I like the darker one because the canvas is soft and broken in. The canvas on the lighter one is stiffer. I'm using it a lot to break it in.

kcarmona

Feb 21, 2013
Finally bought a Montsouris GM today and I'm so excited to get it! I purchased from Malleries. If I were you, I'd keep both and use the dirty one for travel to more exotic/less fancy trips or places like Disney haha!