My LV is Missing!

Hi everyone :smile:. I felt the need to post here because I know that at least you people will understand!

You would not believe what happened. I used to be a serious LV collector but, in recent years I have been unable to afford any new bags. However, I have a better job now and I managed to save up and sell a few things so I could finally get myself a new bag. I have not been so excited about anything for years! After much consideration I decided to go for the Tivoli PM. So I purchased one on eBay for $1250. The seller was great and shipped it to me right away via EMS. Then yesterday I went to collect it from the post office and it wasn't there!!:cursing:

I have called and filed a report, but they basically have no idea what happened to it, the tracking says it was delivered at the post office, but it's not there. They say they will get back to me in a few days. :wtf:

I am so devastated that words cannot even describe it. It will take me 6 months to a year to save for another one (and no, it was not insured). I burst into tears at wprk yesterday :crybaby:, and when I tried to tell some people what happened they just stared at me like I was insane for being upset. I don't think they know how much these bags cost.

Anyway i thought if anyone would understand it would be you ladies :smile:. Please send good vibes my way so that they might locate it (it's doubtful but I am not giving up yet!)

I'm dealing with the same thing right now.. It's been stuck in customs for 10 days.. tomorrow marks 2 weeks that it was shipped. They have no information to provide me.. I've even called the corporate office of DHL. International transactions have been a nightmare lately - I hope you get your issue resolved. If you paid with a credit card or paypal, you can file a dispute for an item not received. You should always purchase insurance regardless of how much it adds to the final price.

First of all, I hope everything works out. EMS is a carrier service so there must be some form of insurance even if you did not avail of it. It's not like they delivered it to your doorstep and it went missing. Contact your credit card immediately and inform the seller of the situation. You are covered one way or another. Also, file a claim with ebay and paypal if you used them. If not, complain to the post office since the tracking states that it already arrived in their facility. Lastly, I know that this is water under the bridge, but why would you buy a $935 Tivoli PM for $1250 (GM price)? Maybe you are not in the US?

Thanks for your responses. I feel a little bit better now :smile:. Actually it's my own fault it was not insured, so i suppose I should be blaming myself! I asked the seller to only insure for a small amount so that I would not have to pay up to 50% import duties when it arrived in my country. Guess I am regretting that now! :P

I will let you when I hear back from the post office.
I would be putting a claim through paypal. WTH would a seller ship a 1200$ bag that isnt insured?
Because if there is no ins the post office isnt going to do anything for you. Did you get a card in the mail that you had a package there waiting? If that is the case and now its gone i'd be going to a lawyer/police and the higher ups at the post office as there is theft going on and someone needs to be charged.

but to start i'd go to paypal and ebay.

First of all, im really sorry this happened to you
secondly.. its not the sellers fault (sorry i dont want to upset you)
if you chose not to pay for insurance, its your fault ,not hers.
There is no point of opening a paypal dispute because since it reached the post office and she has a tracking number to prove it.. she automatically wins (i buy and sell a lot of ebay , i know this)

If i were you i would go directly to your post office branch and get the manager and let him know that its their fault and that they have to either find your bag or compensate you!!!
And if they dont do so, you have to take it to a higher authority

Thanks for your responses. I feel a little bit better now :smile:. Actually it's my own fault it was not insured, so i suppose I should be blaming myself! I asked the seller to only insure for a small amount so that I would not have to pay up to 50% import duties when it arrived in my country. Guess I am regretting that now! :P

I will let you when I hear back from the post office.

Insurance is for protection of the seller. If you can somehow prove the bag was lost in transit, then i think the seller has to refund you (someone correct me if i'm wrong). The insurance is for the seller, so that *she* can get the $$ (value of the bag) back from the insurance claim.

and i'm sorry but what you had asked the seller to do is commit mail fraud, which is ILLEGAL. i really hate it when ebay buyers ask sellers to lie on customs forms. there's no way i'd do it, because of situations like this! if the bag gets lost, then there's no way the seller can get $$ back from it.