My LV game...

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hi guys, this is a silly post in response to my desperate need for handbags and my equally desperate need to budget :shame: Inspired by those of you who emphasize being responsible about bag buying, I've thought up a sort of savings "game" for my next LV. Maybe it works for you too :P :

I definitely want a Mono Speedy 30 (thanks Ayla for talking some sense into me about my mono concerns!), and I anticipate it costing about $620 with tax after the price increase, maybe more. But $620 is a good estimate. So I've decided to save up the cash, the only rule being that however much I save I have to put DOUBLE that amount towards some bill or savings. So if I save $50 for the bag, I need to save $100 or spend an extra $100 on a CC bill or student loan. This keeps me from spending all my spare cash on bags. And when I'm carrying around my new Mono Speedy later this year, I know it will have put $1240 more than I anticipated into improving my financial situation. And that will make me feel great :biggrin:

2. BRILLIANT! I love your idea. Glad to hear that there are others who are saving or reducing debt too.

3. that's a good logic. hope you get yours very soon!

4. great idea!! i need to follow that advice.

5. That's an excellent idea!

6. That's a great plan.. I wish I could be so disciplined ! ;)

By the way, I'm really, really glad you've decided on a monogram bag despite your initial misgivings !

7. link me to that post.. b/c I really want a speedy 25 monogram, but everytime I decide to go buy it, I tell myself that everyone is carrying one which most propably is a fake, so how different mine can look! :cry:

8. i can imagine that with your plan it would probably take me forever to save up for a bag :smile:

9. Or you can get two bags???? hee heeeee
    Just kidding. You have a very smart plan that will not only get you a nice bag but will help you reduce your debt! Good luck!
    Selena

10. Great idea!

11. Good luck! It sounds like a solid plan.

12. Thanks for the support, ladies, it's a plan that makes sense for a student like me! I'll report my progress :smile:

13. Oh,oh, oh...that is just brilliant, its such an inspiration !! And you will feel real good whenever you look at your bag. :nuts:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice