My Louis Vuitton got stolen!!! OH MY GOSH!

i'm so sorry to hear about this!! that's so terrible. i hope this girl gets caught and you get your bags back!!

and i can relate to what is going through your mind right now, you think "if only i hadn't left my bag there" , "how could this happen to me", etc. don't blame yourself so much though, sometimes even when u are the most careful and vigilant things still happen. last year my laptop was stolen out of my office (this was at a university), and i had only left it there for FIVE minutes (and it had a laptop LOCK on it). but it got stolen anyway. Never got it back, but was able to recover some $$ from insurance claim. So yeah, as previous poster said, if you have renters/homeowner's insurance I'd definitely look into seeing if you're covered under that. To file a claim you will need a copy of the poice report, provide estimate on how much was stolen, etc.

and about the cops finding the thief.. i relaly hope they catch her and u get your stuff back....but to be quite honest the cops certainly aren't going to do any dusting for fingerprints or anything like that in trying to find her. Sorry if this is discouraging, but cops usually aren't that helpful in these cases because the sad fact is there are just sooooo many thefts, and plus they're probably more concerned with trying to catch murders/rapists etc. My laptop that was stolen was $2000 and right after it happened the cops just flat out told me there was nothing they can do but put in a report. So if the cops don't end up finding her and you really want to go after this chick you'd probably have to hire a PI or something (i've heard of ppl doing this after they got scammed out of $$ and cops weren't of much help).

OMG! After reading your post my heart just dropped. :cry:

I am so sorry this happened to you. My heart literally goes out to you.

UGH, I never understood why people steal! :mad: Its like don't they even care how horrible that person is going to feel afterward.

Karma is a :censor: and it will come back and bite her in the butt sooner or later.

On the bright side, I'm glad you weren't physically hurt from this incident.

BEST OF LUCK with the process of protecting your CC's, Bank Info and Identity Info. :flowers:

{{{{HUGS}}}}

You poor sweetheart, I wish there was something I could do for you. I've had stuff stolen myself and know how rotten it feels, but you just have to keep following the steps to protect your identity and to find out if there is any form of insurance you can claim. Have you asked the owner of the salon if they have insurance against theft of property from the salon? If it was a customer of the salon, wouldn't they be able to claim if their bag was stolen? I hope it works out for you ... life is rotten sometimes. (((HUGS))) to you.

oh wow... I'm so sorry! *hugs*

Like ronsdiva said, do you have insurance?
I know you're only 19, so you probably don't, but I'm sure your parents do have home insurance and that should work too (or at least for me). I asked once and they said that even if I get robbed outside of our home, eg. in some alleyway, I would still be able to claim my money back... So I hope this'll apply to your insurance company as well... Good luck!

is that really true? what kind of insurance. But some of the stuff I got is from ebay. I'm supposed that doesn't count. Does it?

^ i don't think it matters if it comes from ebay. And typically it doesnot matter if the items weren't inside your home when it was stolen. Typically renter's or homeowner's insurance cover stolen/damaged items up to a certain amount...i think you'd probably just need reciepts to put them on a claim (just to prove the value of the item).

That sucks so bad- sorry it happened to you!!!!!!! I get scared just hanging my purse on the chair I'm sitting on!!! Yikes!

I hope you get them back somehow and like everybody else has said- Karma is a force totally unavoidable!!!!

This is really terrible. I'm so sorry for you. I'm pretty sure your homeowners insurance or your parents insurance will cover theft of personal items. You have pictures of you items which should help.

When I was 17 (back in 97') someone broke into my car and stole my case of CD. I had something like 300 cd's in there. I was able to claim it through my parents homeowners insurance and they gave me a check for $1000.

I'm a bit confused though, why did you have all of your bags at your work?

My renters insurance covers everything I own, no matter where it is.

Also if you have receipts and used a credit card, the cc company will reimburse you sometimes.