***My local LV has changed their......****

drspock7

Handbag Connoisseur
O.G.
Feb 7, 2009
So when I went in store today, I grabbed an Empriente 25 just to see again. I noticed that it was on some type of locking pulley system. My SA wasn't out from the back yet, but I mentioned to the one behind the counter " so I guess something happened" and she looked at me, smirked and nodded. I am sitting here watching the evening news and hear this story

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma.../ph-tt-purse-robberies,0,2451773.story?ref=nf

Such a sad state of affairs. And to think my son found a wallet in the parking lot and I did all sorts of reverse look-ups, called his insurance co, credit cared co and then my son happened to recognize him walking in the mall. He was so great full he gave him all the cash he had. I used that teachable moment to instill the power behind "doing the right thing".....

It's unfortunate... but these things are going to keep happening, and more frequently. Obviously I don't condone theft, but desperation can make people do crazy things. So many people are out of work right now (in the US), and taxes just went up even more. All of us here are very fortunate in our ability to purchase these beautiful luxury items, but some people have to decide between their heat bill and food in the middle of winter. I doubt they have much respect for a $3,000 purse and can easily justify it (to themselves) with a Robin Hood mentality... take from the rich to benefit the poor. Again, I'm not sympathizing with a theif... I'm just aware of what sometimes sends people down a bad path and find the whole thing unfortaunte. If more people could get on their feet (or be given the oppurtunity to get on their feet), there would be less crime.

It's not just LV... there have been plenty of robberies in the news lately. I'm commenting on the situation as a whole. I think that pulley system is a good idea.

This is Soooooo sad!! Towson is my Local Store! I Hope all the SA's are ok especially my SA Sarah. I love her to death!!

I don't belie e Sarah was there as she is on leave for a while. My SA didn't even me too. It. It she appeared frazzled when I was in store...at that time I didn't know but I believe it was a guard and an SA that were sprayed (as they never ha e two guards on duty at the same time)

I will check it out when I go in This wknd