My Listing Got Removed. Why?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Aug 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
    I got an email from ebay saying the following:

You recently listed the following auction-style listing:
    xxxxxxxxxx - LV Neverfull MM

The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy. We notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

Trademark infringement is unlawful and violates eBay's policies. A trademark is a unique sign (such as a name, word, phrase, logo, or symbol) that a company uses to identify its products and/or services.

---------

It is indeed an authentic bag. I've enclosed purchase receipt and every single detail pics of the bag in the auction and had 17 people watching it.

I dont understand what happend and is there anything I can do? Like tell Ebay that they've made a mistake?

2. join the club. this has been happening to all of us. its because of the 60 million dollar LV lawsuit against EBay. its stupid though the way they are going about it. its totally random. I've been on EBay for 8+years, have 100% positive feedback and over 500 transactions and meanwhile, some yahoo from bopunk gets to sell a fake bag with only a handful of transactions. I don't get it.

3. the thing that confuse me is that there is so many fake bags on ebay or listing that didnt even provide close up pics and purchase receipt...and they still got sold or are still on ebay.

Bagnshoofetish-So does that mean I cant sell LV on ebay due to the lawsuit??

4. I tired listing one of my LVs and it told me to wait 30 days (????) I can only sell one luxury brand at a time. Its really stupid. I've sent so many e-mails to them and they don't seem to care about their longtime members. But they'll gladly take my money for other listings though. I just get the feeling that they will become another Amazon.com before too long and completely eliminate the individual seller.

5. This really stinks! I get upset with the whole randomness of it......they don´t have any strategy, or so it seems!

Kat

6. This has happened to me too. I am so tired of Ebay. Does anyone know of the best online consignment that doesn't overcharge for their services? I am interested in having them sell my LV and hear of anns fabulous finds but would like some others to compare. TIA!

7. This happened to me too! Blech.

8. Look into Luxe Purses also. If you are a PF member, she consigns for 10% of the selling price.

9. Thanks! I don't know how much Ann's charges but I saw what you said about the TPF discount. I don't have any experience with consignments and not sure how they work. I will contact Ann's and Luxe to get all the fine print explained.

10. I am not even able to edit my existing 2 auctions or get the 2 auctions that were pulled re-listed. Ugh! I really can't understand why they are targeting certain auctions and why you can't get a straight answer from ebay? I guess having an authentic item with receipt, tags, clear photos and honest description is unacceptable to VERO. They prefer their name to be tarnished with shady sellers who have obvious replicas run rampant on Ebay!

11. yes me too!! i tried to list one of my dolce bags that i have full receipt for from saks etc...and i got the dreaded message I DON'T UNDERSTAND:

You can not submit your listing due to the following problems
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Attention Seller:Thank you for choosing eBay.
    In order to help maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on listings. At this time, you are limited as to the listing of certain items. Please do not attempt to relist this item for 30 days.
    Sellers who have built a long-standing and consistent positive history of selling such items may be eligible to have these limits raised. If you believe that you would qualify and would like eBay to review your limits, please email us at Customer Support.
    We sincerely value you as a member of our trading Community and look forward to a continued successful relationship with you.

12. I got mine pulled too.. I dont know why 0 feed back can sell fake bags on ebay but we TPFers listing gets removed... gosh ebay needs some kind of authenticate service

13. I've had this same message?! I have 100% positive feedback...been a member since 2006 - I have so much to sell and no where to sell it?!

14. They did this to me earlier this summer. I sent them a couple emails telling them why my stuff is good. They authenticated me, and I was cleared to go forward. It took about 2 weeks. Since they cleared me, I haven't had the problem again.

15. eBay doesn't want auction sellers on their site. It's in the NY Times and there is another forum here listing the links to the articles. eBay wants to be another amazon.com; they don't want auction sales any longer. Instead of being honest up front and changing their format, they are making sellers leave and stop listing (or prohibiting them from listing) by bullying them. A large group of eBay sellers are moving to onlineauction.com, this is where I'm taking my listings. The process of moving is very time-consuming and sales there are slow because buyers are just now catching on to the changes. An auction-type alternative will grow from eBay's poor treatment of their sellers, I've moved to what I feel is the site with the most potential to take up the slack.

It seems most of the buyers left on eBay are scammers. My last batch of listings brought about 3 sales out of 7 items; one is returning the item for a refund after I refused to cut the price on the item after the sale was completed; one sale was successful; and another resulted in a non-paying bidder. The other auctions were pulled or never allowed in the first place because of the 30 day selling limit. My time is very limited and valuable to me, so after this last experience, I completely gave up on eBay. They don't want me, I don't need them or their foolishness.