My latest reveal: thanks to afterimage & aerye <3

gladrags&bags

Jun 24, 2008
After waiting anxiously for 1 week and endlessly pestering my boyfriend to check his mail and wondering in panic if Customs got hold of my package and decided to charge me extra 15%- the wait is finally over. *whew*

I've bought other bags before but this one is special as I got her all the way from NY- many thanks again to both afterimage and aerye: for without their help I would have never gotten my lovely Eggplant Besace, and for putting up with my questions and pointing me in the right direction. You've been lovely :heart:

The pristine white box with a fat satiny white ribbon, to the double lining YSL dustbag to the aged hardware and chic croc embossed leather in a beautiful eggplant suedy pile and the cute pocket on one side... whats there not to love? :P

Here are some pics of her- enjoy!

Attachments

• With flash.JPG
    With flash.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 115
  • YSL Besace 004.JPG
    YSL Besace 004.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 90
  • YSL Besace 006.JPG
    YSL Besace 006.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 70
  • box.JPG
    box.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 71
gladrags&bags, CONGRATS!!! Both the Rust and the eggplant look GORGEOUS! Especially the eggplant, I love anything thats purple or purple-y! I am glad I could help :biggrin:
P.S. I hope you didn't have to pay customs because neither aerye nor I had to. They marked it as a gift I think.

i LOVE your new bag!!! the eggplant is just gorgeous! I was seriously debating getting the besace in eggplant but decided on the turquoise in the end. So I'm really vicariously enjoying yours :smile: And you're welcome. I'm so pleased we were able to help you get this lovely bag.

p.s. is that one bag or two? the colour looks so different in the pics

nycgirl191, dbeth & chinsumo- Thank you for your kind comments. it was hard work getting it here cos I'm in Australia! Totally worth it though :lol:

afterimage & aerye- I've just realised (probably my limited photography skills) that the Eggplant does look completely different in the pictures!

One's with flash and the rest are without flash. No Rust Besace in there I'm afraid. So girls, when's your next purchase? :ghi5: I'll be living vicariously through you both cos I'm SO BANNED!!

nycgirl191, dbeth & chinsumo- Thank you for your kind comments. it was hard work getting it here cos I'm in Australia! Totally worth it though :lol:

afterimage & aerye- I've just realised (probably my limited photography skills) that the Eggplant does look completely different in the pictures!

One's with flash and the rest are without flash. No Rust Besace in there I'm afraid. So girls, when's your next purchase? :ghi5: I'll be living vicariously through you both cos I'm SO BANNED!!

LOL!!! I thought you also got the Rust!! wow, that is different.
gladrags&bags, I am too broke at the moment, trust me I won't be buying anything for a few more months .... atleast.

ha ha ha.... sadly me too. am totally broke after spending almost my entire shopping budget on YSL bags in the course of a month! It's been really hard to resist though... was really tempted by the F&F discount recently cos I really want a med black leather downtown, but keep telling myself the F&F will come round again and the black DT will still be there. sigh...

Congratulations, I have the eggplant Besace, too, and it's turned out to be one of my favorite YSL purchases! The color always gets tons of compliments, it's really easy to wear and the nubuck is not delicate as I was worried it would be. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine!