My latest ebay nightmare...

I was stupid like 4 years ago. I bought a framed picture on Ebay.. it was supposed to be a rare piece of film autographed by the actor... The Mayor from the Tim Burton Film, I was a big fan and collector.
It gets to me, frame is cracked and broken and it was just a cheap $5 still, not a piece of the original film!! I was so mad, sure, she'll take the return. I was so honest and a novice, I sent it w/out a delivery confirmation. I figured, it is damaged, I took pics.. why spend more on something worthless.
Well guess what? She never recieved it. yeah right. Nothing has ever been lost in the mail. I was so burned, twice!!!

I also learned not to keep $$ in my Paypal account. As soon as I receive a payment, I withdraw it to my personal account and I almost always use a cc or my paypal buyer credit account, that way I won't lose $$ out of my own pocket if anything every happens. eBay is a great place to buy and sell but sometimes the way it works leaves a bad taste in my mouth.:yucky: I hope it all works out.

I hope it works out for you. The belt was TDF but it is too bad it was damaged. The seller sounds like a scammer to me. I bet he/she never inspected the belt.

I'm pretty positive the belt was never inspected before shipping. This just keeps getting more and more annoying, though. After speaking with paypal several times, I DID just get the paypal balance transferred back into my paypal account. Which is still locked. The lock will be lifted supposedly upon the seller's receipt of the item which was returned by me via priority mail with signature confirmation, sent to the registered paypal address of the seller. After harassing me almost DAILY via ebay's dispute resolution with "I'm going to the police/my lawyer and will haul you to court" and other claims that I removed the stones myself or switched the belt with another damaged one or just that *I* am a scammer, I got another message just today saying "Do NOT send to the xxxxx address, as I have moved offices... yadayadayada" and "If it's not received by me within 3 days I will blahblahblah!" :cursing: UGH! So not only did I pay all that money to have it sent priority and signature confirmed so that I can get my account unlocked, now I'm going to have to go through a major ordeal waiting for the item to come back to me and I'm going to have to PAY to send it again? AND wait again?! Arrrrrggggggghhhh!!! I've forwarded this last message to paypal and am waiting for their response.

this is so terriable....please do NOT leave any funds in your paypal account ever!!!! If you sold something and got paid withdrawl the funds from paypay to your bank account. If you are paying for something use your CC not paypay. I would not go by what paypal tells your reguarding the chargeback...just the CC company. i hope everything works out ...keep us updated

I was once scammed on Ebay on another occasion... I spent close to $300 for something LV, an epi wallet.... I should have known better but this was 2 yrs ago +....... I never got it. Seller gave me some crap story about they were in the hospital, thansk for understanding... blah, blah. When I had enough and contacted Paypal for a refund.... the person had closed the bank account and all I got back $3.48!!! There was NO WAY for me to get my money back. The person just stopped sing everything. What a scam artisit man. Yeah, I've had some bad bad experiences too, trust me!

What an awful situation.

I also know not to leave funds in my PayPal account...BUT....they can still reverse your withdrawal as happened to me.

I withdrew £500 from my PayPal to my bank account and two days later they reversed it, leaving my PayPal account in credit, but frozen (due to a dispute where a buyer thinks the genuine bag I sent is a fake)

I hope that you resolve this quickly

Whenever I have received a damaged or counterfeit item I notify my credit card company and they take care of the issue with Paypal. I have never notified Paypal or Ebay at all and have won all my cases by following all the advice and direction from my CC company. From what I am reading here it seems that notifying Paypal only causes multiple problems. I do use American Express since they do have the best reputation for protecting their customers.