My latest creation: low calorie, low fat apple cobbler!

Feb 26, 2006
WI, USA
I love to experiment with ways to make low fat, low calorie desserts, and I just came up with a new creation. I figured I'd share with you guys. Here goes:

8-10 large granny smith apples, cut up
About a half cup of Splenda
Apple pie spice
Vanilla extract
9 large, low fat cinnamon graham crackers, crushed

Heat the oven to 400 degrees.

Toss cut up apples in about half the Splenda, a generous sprinkling of apple pie spice, and a splash of vanilla. Spread evenly in a square baking pan that has been lightly sprayed with Pam. Mix the crushed grahams with the rest of the Splenda and some apple pie spice and pour evenly over the apples to make a crust. Cover loosely with aluminum foil. Place in oven and bake for about 50 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove the foil in the last 5-10 minutes of baking to allow for browning on the top. Cool and serve. Makes about 9 servings. Each serving is about 100 calories and one gram of fat. Enjoy! :heart:

luvhautecouture

Chanelaholic
O.G.
Sep 18, 2007
coool! Do u ahve anymore low cal desserts?! Would it be ok not to use splenda in this recipe (sacrifice the calories).. i can't eat sugar substitutes

Feb 26, 2006
WI, USA
You could use regular sugar, but it will increase the calorie count. Even so, it should still have fewer calories than and much less fat than a traditional apple pie or cobbler, because you aren't using a calorie and fat-laden crust.

jellybebe

loves pink!!!
O.G.
Jan 26, 2007
Canada
Sounds good! I would probably use sugar in the raw instead of splenda, but it still sounds flavourful. Graham crackers are yummy! Isn't it weird how some things taste good regardless of whether they're high or low fat, like sour cream, cottage cheese, graham crackers and peanut butter?

elizat

Sep 21, 2007
That looks good. I bet it would be really good w/ peaches or plums, minus the apple pie spice!