My Lady Dior vs Lady Dior

kemi

May 13, 2015
Hello everyone, hope you're all doing good. I need some advice and i was hoping to get some help from the forum.

I'll be turning the big 40 in June and i was hoping to treat myself to a bag to mark this new phase in my life. I have ALWAYS wanted the classic lady dior but always held back due to the issue with the zipper opening people complained about. The My lady dior was introduced and i immediately fell in love with it mainly due to the easier opening.

My dilemma is that turning 40, i fill the lady dior will serve me better later down the line (being an original classic) but the issues with the zipper opening is making me hesitant; I don't want to spend £2,900 on a bag that will sit in my closet. On the other hand, the my lady dior has more of a casual vibe and i feel if i get this i may tire of it later down the line (i mainly have classic pieces in my bag collection for longevity).

I want a purchase that i will use forever and possibly pass down to my daughter in future.

Should i just bite the bullet and get the classic lady dior (if i'm honest its where my heart really is) or get the my lady dior instead? This will be my second dior purchase, i already have a promenade clutch.

Thank u (sorry for the long winded explanation [emoji4])

Definitely lambskin
I'd highly recommend the Lady Dior. It's a gorgeous classic that is in a class by itself, in my humble opinion. I purchased this bag in black lambskin with gold hardware last February and I am so glad I did. It's versatile, elegant, and as you state...a forever bag. I don't find the opening to be problematic, but I use a small wallet with this bag.

Reactions: jpezmom
I'd highly recommend the Lady Dior. It's a gorgeous classic that is in a class by itself, in my humble opinion. I purchased this bag in black lambskin with gold hardware last February and I am so glad I did. It's versatile, elegant, and as you state...a forever bag. I don't find the opening to be problematic, but I use a small wallet with this bag.

Thank you Havanese. I've read the opening softens with time; its looking like the lady dior for me [emoji4]. The GHW combo is just 'wow'. Congrats on your bag. Hope u enjoy her forever [emoji106]

Get the Lady Dior! And yes, the zippered opening gets softer with use. My SA told me that I could push one side up and pull the other side down so that it's easier to access the inside.

Thank you Havanese. I've read the opening softens with time; its looking like the lady dior for me [emoji4]. The GHW combo is just 'wow'. Congrats on your bag. Hope u enjoy her forever [emoji106]
Thank you! It's a forever bag for me as it fits my style to a "t". It's a beautiful, beautifully made bag. You won't regret this one! As for the opening, it does soften over time, but I honestly didn't have any issues with it from first use. Good luck with your decision.

I have both.

I have a large lady dior in black lambskin with gold hardware and a MY lady dior in the grey.

They are both beautiful. Right now the my lady dior is my favourite BUT HOWEVER i would tell you to go for the black lady dior lambskin, it is a true classic.

Thank you, will definitely be getting the lady dior [emoji4]. If i can stretch it i may get the my lady dior in a pop of color as well. Appreciate the help