My Lady Dior vs. Dior Diorama resell value

Inspir!t

Mar 23, 2019
Dior newbie seeking help! I love how My Lady Dior & Dior Diorama look but I heard they don't hold their value. Questions:
  1. Are these 2 bags timeless pieces?
  2. For my first Dior Bag, which one is a better investment?
  3. What color/styes are considered trendy and don't hold value as much?
Following are some styles that I like:
**My Lady Dior**
Blush Pink: https://www.dior.com/en_us/products/couture-M0538OCAL_M50P_TU-my-abcdior-lambskin-bag
Black w/ gold hardware: https://www.dior.com/en_us/products/couture-M0538OCAL_M900_TU-my-abcdior-lambskin-bag
Red one in this video:
Also some seasonal colors like burgundy and navy that are no longer available online.

**Diorama**
Metallic Gold: https://www.dior.com/en_us/products/couture-M0422OSKN_M00J_TU-diorama-calfskin-bag
Black calfskin w/ gold hardware: https://www.dior.com/en_us/products/couture-M0422OVKK_M900_TU-diorama-calfskin-bag
https://www.dior.com/en_us/products/couture-S0328OSKN_M01L_TU-diorama-calfskin-clutch
Metallic navy like this except size small: https://www.dior.com/en_us/products/couture-S0328OSKN_M01L_TU-diorama-calfskin-clutch
Dark Grey Metallic like in this video:
Red one in this video:
Purple Metallic like in this video:
Red Metallic like in this video:

Thank you so much!!

Last edited:
1. Yes, both have classic silhouettes.
2. Lady Dior
3. I would assume beading, embroidery, white, light colors. Certain hardware can look trendy.

Have you seen Caitlin's (Girl from the red My Lady Dior video) comparison video between the Diorama, Lady Dior, and Dior Addict? It was very informative. Check it out if you haven't already. I also watch her :biggrin:

Last edited:
Reactions: Inspir!t
1. Are these 2 bags timeless pieces? I believe both bags could be considered timeless. LD more than the Diorama
2. For my first Dior Bag, which one is a better investment? Bags are not investments. Look at what fits your style and needs more. If you can try them both on, please do so. I have both and the Diorama is definitely more me but also love how feminine and classic the LD is.
3. What color/styes are considered trendy and don't hold value as much? If you’re concerned about this then stick to Dior’s classic color...black, grey, red, navy. You can’t go wrong with one of these

1. Are these 2 bags timeless pieces? I believe both bags could be considered timeless. LD more than the Diorama
2. For my first Dior Bag, which one is a better investment? Bags are not investments. Look at what fits your style and needs more. If you can try them both on, please do so. I have both and the Diorama is definitely more me but also love how feminine and classic the LD is.
3. What color/styes are considered trendy and don't hold value as much? If you’re concerned about this then stick to Dior’s classic color...black, grey, red, navy. You can’t go wrong with one of these
Thank you for the reply! :smile: the My Lady Dior (small) now has a thick strap that you can customize. This might add more edgy taste which the Diorama gives off. When you said the LD is more timeless, do you mean the original LD (size medium or large I believe?) or the new My Lady Dior?

Thank you for the reply! :smile: the My Lady Dior (small) now has a thick strap that you can customize. This might add more edgy taste which the Diorama gives off. When you said the LD is more timeless, do you mean the original LD (size medium or large I believe?) or the new My Lady Dior?

I personally think both are timeless but I know some will disagree since the MLD has the thicker strap with the little charms.

Are these 2 bags timeless pieces?

I think the Lady Dior is. The Diorama has proven its commercial success, but as much as I like it, it has only been around since 2015.

For my first Dior Bag, which one is a better investment?

I wouldn't buy a bag as an investment. They do generally depreciate as resale value depends on who is looking for your particular bag at the moment, the condition of the bag, the colour, the size, and also if the client ends up questioning the bag's authenticity. Resale value is also quite artificial, as brands have to continuously provide an illusion of rarity and also keep raising prices for the resale prices to be high. Besides, reselling is not as glamorous as some people make it. Unless the price is lower, pre-owned bags can be relisted over and over again for months, and/or sitting on the shelves of consignment stores for a long time before selling at a discount.

That being said, if you want to buy an item that won't look dated, then get the Lady Dior. It's been around a lot longer than the Diorama.

If you love the bag enough, then you may not even resell it, so the resale price wouldn't be a factor.

What color/styes are considered trendy and don't hold value as much?

If you're going with a Lady Dior, then get a colour that you know you will get a lot of use out of.

1. Yes, both have classic silhouettes.
2. Lady Dior
3. I would assume beading, embroidery, white, light colors. Certain hardware can look trendy.

Have you seen Caitlin's (Girl from the red My Lady Dior video) comparison video between the Diorama, Lady Dior, and Dior Addict? It was very informative. Check it out if you haven't already. I also watch her :biggrin:
Thank you! Regarding your answer for 2, do you mean the classic Lady Dior (I believe size medium or large) that has a zipper?

Thank you! Regarding your answer for 2, do you mean the classic Lady Dior (I believe size medium or large) that has a zipper?
I think the Lady Dior and My Lady Dior holds its value better than the Diorama since the Lady Dior has a longer history and is considered a Dior classic. You should go for whichever bag you like the most. Dior handbags tend to depreciate in resale value.
I considered some of the same bags you looked at. In the end, I went with the Diorama because I felt like the bag suited my lifestyle at the moment. Not saying I won't pick up a Lady Dior or My Lady Dior in the future :P.
I like the small MLD, but didn't like the badges on the strap in the original design. I'm reconsidering it now that they have the slide on charms. If I feel like the charms are too trendy, at least they are removable now. The medium is a bit too big for me and the zipper might be too fussy. Consider how you'll style the bag because each gives off different vibes. Good luck choosing!

Apart from Hermes’ Birkin Kelly Constance, Chanel classic flap bag and LV’s iconic bags, no other bags really hold their value for resale so like other members have said, bags shouldn’t be considered as an investment.

I’m also considering between the Diorama and My Lady Dior as my 1st Dior bag. I like Lady Dior timeless and feminine style but as I aim to use it everyday for work I’m afraid that it can be too flashy and showing off. Diorama is less recognizable I think unless you know about the brand.

Good luck!

Apart from Hermes’ Birkin Kelly Constance, Chanel classic flap bag and LV’s iconic bags, no other bags really hold their value for resale so like other members have said, bags shouldn’t be considered as an investment.

I’m also considering between the Diorama and My Lady Dior as my 1st Dior bag. I like Lady Dior timeless and feminine style but as I aim to use it everyday for work I’m afraid that it can be too flashy and showing off. Diorama is less recognizable I think unless you know about the brand.

Good luck!
Would the new ultra matte Lady Dior calfskin bags be of interest? The hardware is the same colour as the calfskin so it tones down the look a bit. Makes the hardware stand out a lot less.

Reactions: fdc
I’ve looked at some preloved Dioramas searching for a limited edition, and a lot are being sold well below their retail price. I’ve seen Lady Dior’s closer to retail, but doesn’t seem like anyone is making money off of them.

As others have mentioned, I like the Diorama because is lesser known. Which makes them harder to resell. But my style is more understated, and I think they are beautiful bags. I don’t buy them thinking that I will sell them later.

Reactions: averagejoe
Would the new ultra matte Lady Dior calfskin bags be of interest? The hardware is the same colour as the calfskin so it tones down the look a bit. Makes the hardware stand out a lot less.
Yeah the matching hardware does tone down the look but I live in Paris so am afraid that just the shape of Lady Dior is recognizable with almost all women. Thanks for the suggestion anw ;)

Reactions: averagejoe
Hi,
Do you think it’s worth getting this preowned Diorama in good condition but with a color mark on the corner with 30% off vs. retail price? Thanks.
2F757F72-EFF3-4AE1-AFCF-5176A204A556.jpeg 83977706-5378-4F0E-8757-08D8722A6C29.jpeg