My Knee Hurts......

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Now what? I am used to doing either the Step Mill for 45-60 minutes 5 times a week or running 4 miles 2 or 3 times a week! What cardio can I do that won't hurt my knee?

2. Do you have access to a swimming pool? Swimming is good exercise, and won't hurt your knee. I

3. Oops, sent it before I was finished. :o) I hope you feel better.

Also, make sure you're wearing the proper shoes for the type of exercise you're doing. And be sure to replace them, for running you really need a good pair of shoes.

4. Do you have access to an elliptical machine, stationary bike? Or maybe you're doing it too long? I also suggest exercising every other day rather than day-after-day. You need to rest those muscles! I hope you feel better as well!

5. Thank you. I will try the elliptical and the bike and give myself days off instead of consecutive days. I am good with alternating my shoes all the time but now I have a boo-boo on the outer left toe so I need to wear mole skin no matter which shoe I wear.

6. Sorry about the knees. I gave up running and started spinning about eight years ago. Now I spin 5 days a week and love it -- just as good cardio as running -- may-be better --and totally safe, and even fun.

Once your knees start to hurt, you really should consider giving up exercise that involves impact.

Also, glucosamine / chondroitin supplements really do help.

Also, Cho-pat knee braces.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

7. heat before work out ice afterwards

and pool therapy is amazing

8. i blew out my knee about two years ago, and the best stuff for a sore knee is swimming, since it has zero impact but stretches and strengthens your muscles. if you can't do that, stationary bike - since you sit, your knee doesn't have to absorb the shock of your body weight. i'd only step up to elliptical after it's been feeling better for a few days.

this may also be a sign that you need to vary your workout. since you do that much on the stair stepper 5 times a week, you're probably putting a lot more wear and tear on your knees than the average person. try switching it out twice a week with elliptical or swimming if you can and you can probably ward off a lot of future soreness.

i hope you feel better! sore knees are about the worst thing ever.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice