My kitty's baby teeth falling out & teething.....

How quick do the adult teeth grow in?

They actually have both teeth at the same time! All my kittens had the baby & adult fangs side-by-side on both sides! Its so cute when they yawn and you see them! Now my baby boy has 3 fangs! I never knew this before until my 1st kitten had both sets on top & then one day i noticed the back set were gone on both sides and only 1 fang remained on the sides! The vet expalined that the baby fangs have fallen out. So i payed more attention on the next 2 kittens. Its funny how they get both sets at the same time! I'm still waiting for his 2nd fang to fall! Then i can make a pair of fang earrings for myself! HAHAHAH omg i'm soooo joking!!! :nuts:

How quick do the adult teeth grow in?

Usually the baby teeth fall out when the adult teeth are almost completely errupted. Sometimes, just chewing on something during play can take out a lose tooth and there will be a bit of a hole. But it really is pretty quick.

Sometimes they can have double sets of teeth at the same time, like HotasFCUK, but the baby teeth may need to be pulled in those cases.

It's just like when you lost your teeth as a kid. Your baby teeth became loose when your adult teeth started coming in. If you sat there and played with your loose tooth, eventually it came out. Because dogs and cats can't actually pull their teeth out with their paws, they'll just come out when the new one is down enough or if they play too hard.

In all my years of cat ownership out of 5 cats I only ever found one baby tooth and it was completely by accident when I was sweeping up a glass I broke in the kitchen.

My vet always said they usually just swallow them.

So he lost his other fang now! Before i fed them all last night, i checked his mouth & the fang was still there! But not this morning! Its gone now! And luckily he didn't choke on it! But i didn't find the tooth so no fang earrings for me :sad: hahahahaha

I am so glad I found this thread because I just looked at my kittens teeth and saw two fangs on each side and freaked! She is around 5 months old so I know she is around the age where she starts teething. I didn't know they could have both fangs at once. I got super worried and was going to call my vet first thing in the morning.

I actually googled "teething cats baby teeth fall out" lol and the first thing it brought up was this thread! This site is so wonderful!

every kitten I've ever owned has at one point had two sets of fangs... usually the baby ones have fallen out when the adult ones are about halfway in... if they get to be the same length that's when I'd ask to vet about pulling them but not until then.

Safari is my first kitten. I've always adopted older cats. I thought the tooth would fall out completely before the new tooth came in. Glad to know my kitty is ok with 4 fangs for now. :smile:

so glad i found this site. thought i was seeing things this morning when my 3 year old brought me a fang and i looked and my kitty now has 3 fangs at the top. pheew
can anyoone tell me something tho.... where the tooth came out at the top it looks red and inflammed and at the other side where he still has 2 fangs it looks red too would that be because its due to come out soon and becasue of the other one coming out? my other kitty is the same age they are and sis and she is completely fine they are 5 months old

^My kitten is 5 months old too and a few nights ago she had 4 fangs. On Tuesday night I looked in her mouth and she only had 3 fangs and last night she only had 2! Her baby fang teeth fell out. Her gums look a little red and imflamed too, probably because of the whole teething process. You are lucky that you found one of the teeth. I looked all over for Safari's teeth but couldn't find them.

^Yup i noticed that before the 2nd fang fell out, it looked red and sore and do did the gums a bit after. There was also a bit of blood in the fang that fell out but none in his mouth! Glad this thread helped out so many people! :P