My Kitty Went Missing Yesterday Morning...

etagaya

O.G.
Sep 23, 2006
My 3 year-old cat, Mumu (I know, silly name), went missing yesterday morning. We got her a year and a half ago at the SF SPCA, and she has brought so much joy into my and my family's life! I wake up early at 5am because I work east coast hours, and she always greets me with purrs and kitty kisses. She usually goes out when my dad leaves the house around 8am, and then comes back for lunch. My mom said she never came back yesterday.

My dad, my boyfriend, and I all walked around the house and outside looking, half-expecting to see a little kitty body on the side of the road, but...nothing. We have no idea what happened to her. Did she get attacked by another animal? Fall into a hole? Get stolen? She's fixed, so she shouldn't go off wandering looking for boy cats, right?

I'm just so baffled, and I miss her so much already. I'm so worried, and I can't concentrate. :sad: My boyfriend and I will go around knocking on neighbor's doors tonight and will put up posters with a reward, but is there anything else we can do?:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Hope you find her :sad:

This is why I always get sooo nervous when people (my neighbors are notorious for doing this) let their kitties outside unsupervised.

I wish you the best of luck and will pray for her safe return

awe, i really do hope you find your kitty! maybe she's in some little girl's bedroom, i would find "stray" cats when i was a kid (usually they were one of the neighbors' cats), and keep them in my room until my parents found out. i know that sometimes my kitty would get locked in a neighbor's garage for a day or so before they realized he was in there. i hope she's alright, do you know your neighbors very well?

I'm so sorry! What about placing an ad on Petfinder.com in the lost section, as well as on Craiglist for your area? You could drop off some posters at the local vet offices, as well as on grocery store posting boards too.

I hope she comes home safe!

This is why I don't understand people owning outdoor cats. :shrugs:

I hope you find her. Have you considered not allowing her to go outside unsupervised?

I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I have 15 year old cats that have never stepped foot outside of this house because I know the perils of the outside world.
I wish you a speedy lost-and-found. I know it's very hard. You should maybe put up some signs in the area like "Lost Cat" etc., and see what happens.
Unfortunately, I've seen this happen too many times.
Good luck...

I'm so sorry about your cat. I hope you find her soon. My indoor cat was missing for more than a week. We posted fliers, visited the shelters, put his food and litter pan on the porch and put some of our clothing outside in the hope that the scent would bring him home. We saw other cats eating the food but never him. My husband went out every night combing the neighborhood. After 8 or 9 days the cat to wandered into the garage as my husband was pulling in. He was in good shape, I have no idea where he might have been or how he survived. I hope you have a happy ending also.

Like LP1062, my kitty also went missing for a week. We contacted all the local shelters and put fliers in letterboxes in our neighbourhood. Also, we put posters up in the local shops, vet and pet stores. We were advised by the shelter to put out food and his cat tray (for the scent). Also, when you go out looking, take some dry food in a container and shake it.

We were crapping as we were just about to move from Holland to Australia and thought we might have to leave him behind.

Little booger wandered in after a week, licked himself and went to sleep. I could have wrung his fluffy little neck. Now, both cats are in quarantine for six months - we'll get them at the end of May.

Good luck, please keep us updated.

I hope your kitty comes home soon. One of our fixed male cats would always try to sneak out. He got out one night and we didn't even know it. He did come back a few days later, looking a bit on the skinny side. We figured he came back when he got hungry.
My kitties would always try to sneak out -- and they're both spayed and neutered. So the sneaking out thing has nothing to do with being in heat. I think it has more to do with being curious about what is going on outside.

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. Perhaps she has just gone on an adventure for a day or two? One of my cats does this on a regular basis, and she has been neutered, so that's no guarantee that they won't wander. Maybe you could ask you neighbours to look in their back gardens and garages? My other cat got stuck in a neighbour's garage during heavy rain. Try not to panic (easier said than done I'm afraid) and maybe, when you are looking for her, try to listen every so often for mewing. I really hope she returns soon :hugs: