My Kan I Bag Broke After 1 Month!

Apr 15, 2007
Hello everyone! I got my Fendi Kan I bag at the outlet store and after a month, the screw that holds the flap to the back came off (pictures attached). I was wondering if it's reasonable that the only thing Fendi said they can do is take it for repair? The store manager at that outlet said that that's the best they can do for me even if it's just worn once or 50 times, doesn't matter. Supposedly the repair might not take too long since he said he will request to expedite the repair. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

As a personal note, I'm just devastated that this was supposed to be my anniversary gift coming up this month and I might end up with no gift if it doesn't come back to me in time. This is during this unprecedented time and I work from home so I can't believe my bag broke without much usage at all.

20200824_180156.jpg

20200824_180150.jpg

Personally, I would've preferred to have the bag exchanged after having this happened only one month in. That's just the level of customer service that's expected when you're buying a luxury handbag, IMO.

However, I don't think they're legally obliged to issue a refund or do an exchange, are they? So if the repair is all they're offering, go with it.

Personally, I would've preferred to have the bag exchanged after having this happened only one month in. That's just the level of customer service that's expected when you're buying a luxury handbag, IMO.

However, I don't think they're legally obliged to issue a refund or do an exchange, are they? So if the repair is all they're offering, go with it.
Thank you for your input. I agree, they should've allowed the exchange. I got emotional due to my anniversary situation and even cried over the phone plus wrote them an email. Unfortunately, I guess getting it repaired is the only option. Thanks again!

I am new to Fendi but I wonder if because it's an outlet the rules on returns/ exchanges/ repairs might be different ? Couldn't the fact that it has issues be the reason it has been placed in an outlet store? I really don't know but am just wondering because I know the original intention of outlet stores was to sell items that were a little off and didn't quite pass quality control.

Reactions: thkred
I am new to Fendi but I wonder if because it's an outlet the rules on returns/ exchanges/ repairs might be different ? Couldn't the fact that it has issues be the reason it has been placed in an outlet store? I really don't know but am just wondering because I know the original intention of outlet stores was to sell items that were a little off and didn't quite pass quality control.
Thank you for your input! Yeah it's just crazy how the screw came off like that. They must've forgotten to tighten the screw before sewing everything together.

Fortunately, I have good news to share! My hubby and I went there in person about to have them take it for repair but after my hubby talked to the manager some more, they were able to take care of us. Thanks goodness haha. Thank you all again for hearing me out! I'm so happy I'll end up with an anniversary gift after all!

It’s a beautiful bag! I have several Kan I bags and have not had any issues. Let’s hope my luck continues, as I love Fendi. I am so glad they helped you! Happy anniversary and wear her in good health.

Reactions: xMsxPhantasyx
why not take it to a cobbler, it will be local and only gone a week or less. might cost you a little but less hassle. Ask them if they will refund you the cost of the cobbler when you present receipt?? Something similar happened to me - was $40 fix

Reactions: xMsxPhantasyx
It’s a beautiful bag! I have several Kan I bags and have not had any issues. Let’s hope my luck continues, as I love Fendi. I am so glad they helped you! Happy anniversary and wear her in good health.

Thank you so much. Sorry for the late reply!

why not take it to a cobbler, it will be local and only gone a week or less. might cost you a little but less hassle. Ask them if they will refund you the cost of the cobbler when you present receipt?? Something similar happened to me - was $40 fix
Thank you for your input! Fendi was able to exchange a new one for me so it's all good now.

You were crying over having it on your anniversary when it had already been gifted to you prior to the anniversary?
The bag was purchased before my anniversary and put away until it was closer to my anniversary, which was when I found out about the screw problem. If they didn't help exchange a new one for me then they would've had to take it for repair, and yes that means I wouldn't have had an anniversary gift during the repair time.

Reactions: gettinpurseonal