My Jumbo Suprised Me

memyselfI

May 16, 2007
I took my jumbo caviar flap to the Hannah Montana concert yesterday afternoon. I figured it would be the best choice being that I can sling it messenger style in the event I have to carry my niece through a crowd. I have to tell you, that bag can really hold alot-I thought I was pushing it to the limit with what I already had in it before we got to the concert-but after 3 trips to the souvenir stands I pushed it way over. By the end of the night I had in it my usual stuff (wallet, eyeclass case, blackberry, FULL size paddle brush, camera) and 3 t shirts, glowsticks, laminates, swedish fish, bracelets and a Hannah Montana doll. I could not believe how much fit into it and it still closed. It weighed a ton but it allowed me to have free hands to keep a hold on my niece.
BTW-any mom's, aunts or sisters taking a little one to the concert-Miley Cyrus is amazing. Concert was really good.

I wore mine messenger style for the first time the other day while I was shopping and you're right! It fits lots and is so convenient. I just wanted to have my hands warm in my pockets and my bag still safely in front of me. The jumbo is incredibly versatile.

it would have been great to a pic of this! for some reason, i seem to only be able to get my cosmetic case, key case, wallet and phone in there... am i babying my jumbo too much??

btw, you (or should i say your niece) was so lucky to go to a miley concert.. hehe

it would have been great to a pic of this! for some reason, i seem to only be able to get my cosmetic case, key case, wallet and phone in there... am i babying my jumbo too much??

btw, you (or should i say your niece) was so lucky to go to a miley concert.. hehe

I was babying my jumbo way too much until I was forced to "work it" last night. Who knew? It was like Mary Poppins bag-there was a ton of stuff in there.
BTW-I must say I had a great time at the concert. I would go without the 6 year old-though I might look silly.;)

swedish fish?????

Anyhow, that's why all my classic flaps are jumbos... Even DH was surprised what i could fit in there when i stuffed a couple of water bottles and CDs we purchased (along with my usual stuff)

No kidding about jumbos. They are pretty much the only type of Chanel bag I buy. They hold everything and still hold their shape! I like my (one) medium flap, but it's really limited in what you can get in there. And I have kids so I feel your pain about lugging stuff around!

I have lately wondered if I should get an expandable bag? Do you think a lot more can fit in one of those? Any opinions? They are kind of slouchy looking, though, so I am not sure if they can "hold their shape" when stuffed. I imagine them to be these giant puff balls when full.