My July 4th Outlet Adventure

StillPooh

Bag Lady
Oct 26, 2013
I was up at daybreak to accompany my sister on a day trip to Ocean City, Maryland. It was business, not pleasure, so we couldn't be deterred by Arthur. My price for keeping her company was that the return trip be via Rehoboth. ;)

Thanks to the bad weather, the outlets were insane. I promised her I only wanted to make three stops. First was QVC. They had a number of Dooneys, but they keep them locked up and the store was crazy busy. My sister wanted a new bathing suit, but the dressing room was closed. :tdown: We gave up and moved on.

I name-dropped at D&B; the ladies said "hi!" They mentioned a certain forum member as someone they speak to over the phone almost daily (cough*CRAZYFORCOACH*cough). :lolots: I went in thinking to buy another Flo bag, but the rain made me reconsider. I had wanted to carry my red Stanwich, but because of the weather chose my lavender Dillen tote instead. I also own a T-Moro Davis tote, but no other weather resistant big bags. In the end, I chose a Lexington shopper. 40% off, plus an additional 25% because I got a red one. I was very pleased that the girls had a wrapped one, untouched by the milling crowds, waiting for me at checkout. She rang up at $102 (retail is $228), no tax. :tup:

Without further ado, here she is! :woohoo:

Mornin' SP!

The Adventures of 'Pooh!:biggrin:

I'm happy you and your sister made it safely home! I think all the outlets are going to be insane this weekend!

Congrats on your Lexington Shopper! What a great price. And you know I LOVE RED!

You had yourself a fun adventure! I'm cracking up at the namedropping. You can't beat that deal! I was watching BagsOfLuv video on you tube yesterday on her patent Lexington, thinking I need one of those. :smile: Her patent one softened up so nicely. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your new red beauty.

I had a hard time walking away from a half-price bone Flo satchel. I didn't even think, until too late, that it might be considered white for the holiday sale. :sad: The one they had out was totally smooth, and not one bit yellow. But my only full sized Flo is so heavy when fully loaded that I don't end up using her much.

One good thing I learned is that I no longer desire a Flo Smith. They had one, and I realized that for me, the straps are far too short to wear on the shoulder. I also got to see a Bristol in person, and I prefer the contrasting straps of my Stanwich satchels.

I am already plotting a return visit. :graucho:

Last edited:
I had a hard time walking away from a half-price bone Flo satchel. I didn't even think, until too late, that it might be considered white for the holiday sale. :sad: The one they had out was totally smooth, and not one bit yellow. But my only full sized Flo is so heavy when fully loaded that I don't end up using her much.

One good thing I learned is that I no longer desire a Flo Smith. They had one, and I realized that for me, the straps are far too short to wear on the shoulder. I also got to see a Bristol in person, and I prefer the contrasting straps of my Stanwich satchels.

I am already plotting a return visit. :graucho:

It's always a good idea to see the bags IRL and try them on. I find I knock quite a few off my wish list when I visit the outlet. However I get surprised with ones I never thought I'd want.

I was up at daybreak to accompany my sister on a day trip to Ocean City, Maryland. It was business, not pleasure, so we couldn't be deterred by Arthur. My price for keeping her company was that the return trip be via Rehoboth. ;)

Thanks to the bad weather, the outlets were insane. I promised her I only wanted to make three stops. First was QVC. They had a number of Dooneys, but they keep them locked up and the store was crazy busy. My sister wanted a new bathing suit, but the dressing room was closed. :tdown: We gave up and moved on.

I name-dropped at D&B; the ladies said "hi!" They mentioned a certain forum member as someone they speak to over the phone almost daily (cough*CRAZYFORCOACH*cough). :lolots: I went in thinking to buy another Flo bag, but the rain made me reconsider. I had wanted to carry my red Stanwich, but because of the weather chose my lavender Dillen tote instead. I also own a T-Moro Davis tote, but no other weather resistant big bags. In the end, I chose a Lexington shopper. 40% off, plus an additional 25% because I got a red one. I was very pleased that the girls had a wrapped one, untouched by the milling crowds, waiting for me at checkout. She rang up at $102 (retail is $228), no tax. :tup:

Laughin out loud realllly hard. So you went to Delaware store??? Was ANna working?

Beautiful, love the red!!!!

What a fun day you had and u picked up some good items. I was so tempted to get the umbrella. Now I wish I had. I got a small jolt of lightning about 20 years ago and haven't used an umbrella since. Thought that a Dooney one would break me out of it but no...

I would love to see what you pair her with. I'm glad u got some some sale items. 😃

What a fun day you had and u picked up some good items. I was so tempted to get the umbrella. Now I wish I had. I got a small jolt of lightning about 20 years ago and haven't used an umbrella since. Thought that a Dooney one would break me out of it but no...

I would love to see what you pair her with. I'm glad u got some some sale items. 😃

OMG! You were struck my lightning?! That's scary.