My Journey with Back of Head Augmentation in Korea

look at my pics man You can't be as bad as me lol
Mine is that bad that I cant even post a pic :lol: the problem is that im bold so its even more pronounced. If zou have FB profile PM me so i can show you how twisted I am :panic:
I live under the hat..i never go out without a hat..NEVER

I found one clinic in Germany that does implants and use titanium screws to hold the implant but nothing else here in Europe...i heard one in Switzerland but the price is ridiculous...Im kinda afraid of this bone cement just bcs of the lack of info on it, very difficult to find the experience of ppl who did the surgery 5 - 10years ago or so..

Reactions: jc987 and dpnot
Mine is that bad that I cant even post a pic :lol: the problem is that im bold so its even more pronounced. If zou have FB profile PM me so i can show you how twisted I am :panic:

I found one clinic in Germany that does implants and use titanium screws to hold the implant but nothing else here in Europe...i heard one in Switzerland but the price is ridiculous...Im kinda afraid of this bone cement just bcs of the lack of info on it, very difficult to find the experience of ppl who did the surgery 5 - 10years ago or so..
I live under a hat too. I created inserts for my hats to give the appearance that my head shape is normal. (glued foam into them).. there's a guy in Indiana USA that does inserts. his name is Berry Eppley.. also very expressive. Around 20k..

Reactions: silence_of_mine
I guess its a psychological issue more than anything...we are simply our own worst critic...to me your head looks great, elongated with a nice shape. I agree that many ppl here have minor issues, but thats I guess always the case = so many already beautiful ladies (and man) do their nose, lips etc and sometimes they look unnatural after that but wth, they just want to do it.

From what i saw, i believe you can accomplish what you want with surgery, looks like a small implant would be enough to "round" that spot (bone cement or other). But honestly - i wouldnt touch anything if i had a skull like that. All minor "flaws" we see in us arent worth the money/risk and usually we are the only one who mind such things.

I have severe version of plagiocephaly, many of the ppl here are with mild or minor degree. I think that ppl like me dont feel comfortable to even share pics, hence you see here regular head shape dudes complaining and you think wtf.. :smile:
Mine is also extremelo severe I would share pictures if i wasn't so self conscious about it the people who showed themselves here really aren't bad at all. Mine literally looks like someone cut my skull in half.

Hi all. I just joined but have been following this thread since last March. Have similar shape as @Ikho where head is more rounded/sticks out a bit more on one side vs other and flat on back (actually know another guy who’s almost exactly the same). Always wondered if there was a “fix” for it but never thought to look until shelter in place happened last year and I looked it up one day out of boredom. Came across this thread and been following since.

I reached out to Dr. Song a week after, sent him pictures and have been corresponding with him. Planned on going last Fall but decided against it due to do quarantine. Currently thinking of going when quarantine requirements are reduced or lifted. Hopefully by March or April. If I do go and anyone else is planning the same, maybe we can meet up for a few days to hang out and support each other.

Also, @kirawhoots your head is perfectly fine! Shoot even I go back and forth on mine since it’s not affecting me as much these days. Somewhat made peace with it. I just want to be even more confident and be able to do things like swimming, wear a hat, etc. hence thinking about the procedure. Would recommend working on your confidence a bit more vs procedure. I see what you’re talking about but I don’t see it as a problem. Many would love to have what you have.

" I live a state a away from Dr. Eppley. Would he be a good choice. I know he is pricey, but for my situation, would anyone have any idea the cost.. "

I think he'd do alright. COunting the cost of travel its probably same price.

I heard he was like 7-8k for BoTh augmentation. Only difference is dr.song specializes in head augmentation.

Reactions: kirawhoots

Hi there,

You are absolutely right. I spoke with this German doctor Dr Kremer in Munich. His surgery is definitely pricy (we are talking here about 15.000 Euros + another 1.000 Euros for a follow-up examination charge), and the whole procedure requires total intravenous anaesthesia due to the titanium screws in your cranial bones. Too expensive, but the doctor showed me great results though.

Well, I follow this thread since from the beginning and I almost decided to do this surgery last year. I even communicated with Dr Song in Seoul and buddied up with another guy from this forum :tup:, but I faced some financial difficulties last winter and Covid was another blow for me as well. However, I spoke with a mate he is a doctor and studied with a few other international students medicine. Well, he recommended a surgeon in Turkey, offering a similar producer as Dr Song for a fraction of the cost. Does anyone have experience with surgeries in Turkey?

JC

Thank you everybody for the kind words. It made me feel really good and was encouraging to read the responses. The last thing I want to do is get my head cut open for surgery and fork over a ton of money for a result that may or may not be up to par. Again though, I’m still shocked by your guys positive feedback. I consider my head shape not suitable for shaving and so different from every other bald guy. I just feel like I can’t pull it off. In real life, I have heard some mean comments from some and little to no female attention. I’m sure my confidence is part of this, but I just don’t know how you guys can think my head shape is normal or ok. To be fair, some people say it’s not that bad but I can’t tell if they’re just being nice. I feel like I also get double takes in public more often than others and not in a positive way. I just don’t see what you guys see. I understand we can be our own worst critics, but there’s no way I’m delusional. Regardless, thank you guys. This was a real confidence boost. Just wish I agreed.

Hi there,

You are absolutely right. I spoke with this German doctor Dr Kremer in Munich. His surgery is definitely pricy (we are talking here about 15.000 Euros + another 1.000 Euros for a follow-up examination charge), and the whole procedure requires total intravenous anaesthesia due to the titanium screws in your cranial bones. Too expensive, but the doctor showed me great results though.

Well, I follow this thread since from the beginning and I almost decided to do this surgery last year. I even communicated with Dr Song in Seoul and buddied up with another guy from this forum :tup:, but I faced some financial difficulties last winter and Covid was another blow for me as well. However, I spoke with a mate he is a doctor and studied with a few other international students medicine. Well, he recommended a surgeon in Turkey, offering a similar producer as Dr Song for a fraction of the cost. Does anyone have experience with surgeries in Turkey?

JC

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and info...i tried to find something in Turkey knowing that they would have better price but I couldn't find any clinic that does that.

Im assuming this branch will become more and more popular and it will become cheaper..the OP isnt that complicated after all. If you have any info on what clinic does that in Turkey please share so i can ask for the price.

Reactions: jc987
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and info...i tried to find something in Turkey knowing that they would have better price but I couldn't find any clinic that does that.

Im assuming this branch will become more and more popular and it will become cheaper..the OP isnt that complicated after all. If you have any info on what clinic does that in Turkey please share so i can ask for the price.

Certainly, will do...
My mate sent some emails to Turkey. Just waiting for some feedback and I will keep u guys updated here.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

We have contacted five doctors in Turkey and received our first responses. We inquired about the practised procedures and methods, the price of the surgery as well as the doability by using bone cement.

First, Prof. Dr Aylin Karabulut replied that any surgery close to the head is dangerous and suggested that bone cement wouldn’t give a satisfactory result. She recommended getting a nice hair cut to cover up the deformation.

The second response was from Prof. Dr Ali Grülek (educated in Turkey and the US. According to his website he attended the University of Texas), and he usually uses Mersilene mesh for this procedure. According to him he can easily reshape/alter this material and change ultimately the deformed head. However, he could also use bone cement or implants as requested. Now the interesting part, the price. We got a quote between 1.700 and 2.900 Euros – depending on the case and the material used. Well, you guys can have look on his Insta account @profdraligurlek

The price is definitely tempting, but I need to be 100% sure.

What are your thoughts?

Hi guys,

We have contacted five doctors in Turkey and received our first responses. We inquired about the practised procedures and methods, the price of the surgery as well as the doability by using bone cement.

First, Prof. Dr Aylin Karabulut replied that any surgery close to the head is dangerous and suggested that bone cement wouldn’t give a satisfactory result. She recommended getting a nice hair cut to cover up the deformation.

The second response was from Prof. Dr Ali Grülek (educated in Turkey and the US. According to his website he attended the University of Texas), and he usually uses Mersilene mesh for this procedure. According to him he can easily reshape/alter this material and change ultimately the deformed head. However, he could also use bone cement or implants as requested. Now the interesting part, the price. We got a quote between 1.700 and 2.900 Euros – depending on the case and the material used. Well, you guys can have look on his Insta account @profdraligurlek

The price is definitely tempting, but I need to be 100% sure.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you so much for this info..the price is amazing and Dr Ali seems legit. I will look into it more. Hopefully this kind of operation will become more mainstream with prices like this.

Reactions: jc987