My Journey with Back of Head Augmentation in Korea

Disregard my other posts if they do not get deleted my the mod.

I have a depressed area soft spot near the crown of my head. My head already goes back some, so the gap between the back of my head and top of head makes for a bad head shape. I was seeing if it would be possible to get that area filled in to make a more round sloping look. I live a state a away from Dr. Eppley. Would he be a good choice. I know he is pricey, but for my situation, would anyone have any idea the cost.. I might schedule a consultation with him soon. Not sure if I would need an implant or something other.
Thanks all. Sorry for not knowing too much about all this. I just discovered head reshaping a few days ago after 3 years being depressed about my head shape.

5616E0DF-B272-4DEF-8FD7-800ABF9893E7.jpeg

384F6EE5-047D-4ABB-B5E8-F29E4B26EAB2.jpeg

8BCB7565-ABB4-4FBD-B70E-3D3EC1C922C3.jpeg

1891EC80-19FA-4D78-892E-D21944A3BA97.jpeg

2A57CC04-7470-47FF-8DB3-F180B090A0A1.jpeg

07DB4DB4-6CD4-4372-B0EC-A0579CAAC684.jpeg

Last edited:
Dude, you have a perfect shape of head, don't be silly.. some of us forked out couple of thousands of dollars just to come close to that shape you have and still not there. Yes, this surgery could easily fill up volume right there you want it but I sincerely believe it would bulk it up wrongly and it would look really weird and would ruin your actual shape, which is perfect like it is now..
if you really want to invest money in your looks, invest it in hair transplant. For the same amount of cash you would pay for surgery, you can get a full head of hair.
My 2 cents tho.

I have a depressed area soft spot near the crown of my head. My head already goes back some, so the gap between the back of my head and top of head makes for a bad head shape. I was seeing if it would be possible to get that area filled in to make a more round sloping look. I live a state a away from Dr. Eppley. Would he be a good choice. I know he is pricey, but for my situation, would anyone have any idea the cost.. I might schedule a consultation with him soon. Not sure if I would need an implant or something other.
Thanks all. Sorry for not knowing too much about all this. I just discovered head reshaping a few days ago after 3 years being depressed about my head shape.

View attachment 4942410

View attachment 4942411

View attachment 4942419

View attachment 4942422

View attachment 4942427

View attachment 4942428

Man i wish i had that head shape...it looks very good, and my sincere opinion is that if you add something to "round" more the back of the skull you are risking to ruin it..i dont know, maybe im wrong but thats how it looks to me...

Instead i would get jacked and rock Vin Diesel style, your head looks amazing bro...
At the end you know whats the best for you.

Thank you guys for the responses and the kind words. I just don’t get it though. I’m shocked. I see people on here with minor flaws with their head shape. Mine looks way worse. I really don’t think I’m delusional. My head goes way far back. From the side view. The right side of my head is different than the left side. Nothing is symmetrical. It looks like a football. It’s not round. I wish I saw what you guys saw. The last thing I want to be doing is having my head cut open forking tons of money over. Now I get for what I’m trying to accomplish of the surgery could not do that than it doesn’t make any sense. But from the previous pictures when I put my hand over my crown it looks way more round and symmetrical and better. If the surgery could do that I would like that. But if that can’t be achieved and possibly make it worse than of course I wouldn’t want that. I uploaded some other pictures. Would you guys be able to take a second look. There’s just no way I’m this delusional. I look at every other headshape and wish if I could just have that head. I see people getting work on their forehead which I have the same type. They get occipital reduction. My head goes way further back especially on the right. My head is massive as well. Thank you guys again though for the response.

As far as the hair transplant, that seems like as stay away. I tried propecia and got every side affect in the book. With my genetics and rate of balding, plus I’m thinning on my sides and nape as well, not a good idea.

Attachments

• 88126CC7-CF47-4287-9C3B-0784A74316DE.jpeg
    88126CC7-CF47-4287-9C3B-0784A74316DE.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 54
  • DD955510-9B12-4196-A8AA-D7E69D8A6CAE.jpeg
    DD955510-9B12-4196-A8AA-D7E69D8A6CAE.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 56
  • B406F241-D473-4F6B-B429-936F51BC88A8.jpeg
    B406F241-D473-4F6B-B429-936F51BC88A8.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 740B1357-DA37-4170-A520-492BECA4CDAA.png
    740B1357-DA37-4170-A520-492BECA4CDAA.png
    634.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 8603B67F-7327-4006-9CBF-0E7CB32C311E.jpeg
    8603B67F-7327-4006-9CBF-0E7CB32C311E.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 45
I guess its a psychological issue more than anything...we are simply our own worst critic...to me your head looks great, elongated with a nice shape. I agree that many ppl here have minor issues, but thats I guess always the case = so many already beautiful ladies (and man) do their nose, lips etc and sometimes they look unnatural after that but wth, they just want to do it.

From what i saw, i believe you can accomplish what you want with surgery, looks like a small implant would be enough to "round" that spot (bone cement or other). But honestly - i wouldnt touch anything if i had a skull like that. All minor "flaws" we see in us arent worth the money/risk and usually we are the only one who mind such things.

I have severe version of plagiocephaly, many of the ppl here are with mild or minor degree. I think that ppl like me dont feel comfortable to even share pics, hence you see here regular head shape dudes complaining and you think wtf.. :smile:

How bad was the pain and for how long it lasted?
I did the back of the head with dr. Song last year and it wasn't painful that much at all, was more like a burn sensation which lasted for 2-3 days, after that I felt really great.
Once the covid situation stabilises a bit, I'm thinking of doing front part of vertex and just a top of forehead in one go.
Do you know how much dr he can add to the vertex?because my head is like don’t have vertex at all and it feel so weird.

Reactions: silence_of_mine
I agree with others that your head kirawhoots is just normal but i also know how you feel and if it bothers you so much go and do it is your life at the end of the day and you know best for yourself....
Although in my opinion Rodney_gene.jr give you great advice....

Here is my head shape my left side is flatten for around 1cm. I spoke with dr. Song last year but back then i wasn't sure about it. I think i will do it this year, first i must do CT scan and send it to him for assessment. I believe at can be done but will be some limitations because of muscles at sides and under ears. Guys, like to hear your opinions if you have any...thanks.

photo1.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the filler is limited by the scalp's flexibility and if there are any workarounds? I've got a really (really) flat head with a sharp look at the top. Luckily my barber knows how to hide it a bit, lol. I'm also looking for top of head and forehead augmentation, i'm afraid i need more material than my scalp can handle.

Last edited:
Reactions: dave44

View attachment 4942410

View attachment 4942411

View attachment 4942419

View attachment 4942422

View attachment 4942427

View attachment 4942428
I would love to have your head shape man. honestly I wouldn't change it one bit. It ain't even worth the money You look completely fine

Reactions: kirawhoots
Does anyone know if the filler is limited by the scalp's flexibility and if there are any workarounds? I've got a really (really) flat head with a sharp look at the top. Luckily my barber knows how to hide it a bit, lol. I'm also looking for top of head and forehead augmentation, i'm afraid i need more material than my scalp can handle.
I feel the exact same way. which is why I don't think PPMA is the route that I can take. I think I must do an implant.

I would just keep it to myself, clearly my family who was at fault for allowing me to have chronic plagiocephaly think im crazy for being insecure about it when in reality it literally looks so terribly flat. Like how am I at fault? They keep gaslighting me but neglect as a baby is very visible and I think I'll always have resentment about it since they dont agree.
I have long hair so I can hide it but by giving myself volume it makes my hair look like I got a really bad cut. Doesnt help that my mom poits it out a lot saying its ugly like ok not like i have the option to not do it? (: ...

Going to the hairsalon is a nightmare, getting a new hairstyle is a nightmare, wanting short hair is basically impossible.
getting your haircut is the absolute worst thing ever. it's so disappointing every time you get a haircut. at least for me it is

Reactions: dpnot
In my case I can wait as long as I can hide it my hair. But i am passed 30yo and it started thinning : the whole process of fixing my hair daily is getting longer, increasingly sophisticated and frustrating. This is what pushes me to do the operation, as I know at some point I can't rely on my hair anymore. I might as well do a hair transplant after that.
In the end a 10k+ budget just to look normal... but it will definitely save hair styling time over the long run
same for me. hair is thinning. I am running out of time.

I guess its a psychological issue more than anything...we are simply our own worst critic...to me your head looks great, elongated with a nice shape. I agree that many ppl here have minor issues, but thats I guess always the case = so many already beautiful ladies (and man) do their nose, lips etc and sometimes they look unnatural after that but wth, they just want to do it.

From what i saw, i believe you can accomplish what you want with surgery, looks like a small implant would be enough to "round" that spot (bone cement or other). But honestly - i wouldnt touch anything if i had a skull like that. All minor "flaws" we see in us arent worth the money/risk and usually we are the only one who mind such things.

I have severe version of plagiocephaly, many of the ppl here are with mild or minor degree. I think that ppl like me dont feel comfortable to even share pics, hence you see here regular head shape dudes complaining and you think wtf.. :smile:
look at my pics man You can't be as bad as me lol