My journey at GNG, will be updating soon

Gng gave me a 10% discount off my rhino (tiplasty, alar reduction, osteomy, and silicone implant) and ptosis correction, paid 10-11 mil krw for both. Definitely pricey
Wow, that is definitely pricey! Did they break down the cost for the rhino for you? I am looking to do the same but without the osteo. I am looking to do ptosis too. Did they quote you 3.4 mil for it? MVP quoted me a lot less for it as well for fat grafting but I have GNG as my first choice bc of all the great reviews.

Last edited:
today I went to GNG to take the cast out. While removing the stitches from my alars, the nurse found out that the wounds are not healed yet, so they asked me to do a procedure to stitch the wounds back. Before that, I went to see Dr. Seong for checking up. Maybe because it is still swollen, I just do not like it at all, I would not want my nose shape change this much, the bridge and tip are way much higher than I expected. Hopefully, it will go down a bit after months. I was asking the doctor with the help of an interpreter that will my cartilage which was taken of from my rib ever grow back. He said it won't, which makes me scare a lot. I thought it will be like a cutting bone, eventually will be fill up again. He looked tired and I was so down cause of my situation, so I did not ask him anything else after that.

Reactions: Yumigumi
Then the nurse took me to the surgery room to fix my alars, it took like 20 minutes for the whole process. It was so much pain when the doctor injected something to numb the area. After that everything got easier. I have another appointment for the next 2 days so they can check up on my healing process. Bless me for this long journey.

Reactions: meintea
today I went to GNG to take the cast out. While removing the stitches from my alars, the nurse found out that the wounds are not healed yet, so they asked me to do a procedure to stitch the wounds back. Before that, I went to see Dr. Seong for checking up. Maybe because it is still swollen, I just do not like it at all, I would not want my nose shape change this much, the bridge and tip are way much higher than I expected. Hopefully, it will go down a bit after months. I was asking the doctor with the help of an interpreter that will my cartilage which was taken of from my rib ever grow back. He said it won't, which makes me scare a lot. I thought it will be like a cutting bone, eventually will be fill up again. He looked tired and I was so down cause of my situation, so I did not ask him anything else after that.
Dear @mia1992 I am sad reading this. You paid so much money yet it is no guarantee and it is so hard to communicate what nose you want when going through a translator and not having morphs to show precisely what you want. It has made me question whether Korea is good for a major operation as the language barrier can cause expensive problems when nuances cannot be translated. Keep iceing your nose to reduce any swelling. Let's hope it is swelling and your nose shape will settle. And remember the tip drops as you age. Yes I have a gap in my rib where Ion removed the cartilage. It lets me know that rib was taken and used. Seong had mentioned that he would use cadaver rib if one's own rib was not good enough. Yikes that is more scary to wake up and be told that he used donor cadaver rib instead! Revision rhino is a very complicated procedure. Even a discussion on use of pds the longest lasting dissolvable sutures and not permanent sutures inside the nose would be hard to relay through a translator.

Reactions: mia1992
Get well soon Mia1992. Add me on Kakao if you want someone to talk to. I am in Seoul now and just got my surgery done yesterday too.
You done your surgery at Gng at well? Add me on kakao miamia so we can sharing this time together
Get well soon Mia1992. Add me on Kakao if you want someone to talk to. I am in Seoul now and just got my surgery done yesterday too.
You did your surgery at Gng at well? How is everything going mini? Add me miamia on kakao so we can share this suffering time together

Dear @mia1992 I am sad reading this. You paid so much money yet it is no guarantee and it is so hard to communicate what nose you want when going through a translator and not having morphs to show precisely what you want. It has made me question whether Korea is good for a major operation as the language barrier can cause expensive problems when nuances cannot be translated. Keep iceing your nose to reduce any swelling. Let's hope it is swelling and your nose shape will settle. And remember the tip drops as you age. Yes I have a gap in my rib where Ion removed the cartilage. It lets me know that rib was taken and used. Seong had mentioned that he would use cadaver rib if one's own rib was not good enough. Yikes that is more scary to wake up and be told that he used donor cadaver rib instead! Revision rhino is a very complicated procedure. Even a discussion on use of pds the longest lasting dissolvable sutures and not permanent sutures inside the nose would be hard to relay through a translator.
Thank you so much miss orange. You have help me a lot during this time. I really appreciate this

Reactions: MissOrange
Sorry to hear this ;~( I would just refrain from overthinking it while it heals because it can take a long time for swelling to go down depending on the person. As long as you don't suffer from any other complications, it's a waiting game with ps. It took me a good 3 months to see satisfactory results from my DES but I'm in love with them now, and revision rhino is definitely a much more intensive procedure! I'm hoping for the best for you in the next coming months ^^ As for cartilage, cartilage never grows back and perhaps that might have been a good thing to ask beforehand haha. But no fear, because it's not going to have negative effects. Best of luck!!

Hi @mia1992, when will you be going back to Dr Seong at gng for them to remove your sutures yet again? I have never come across a rhinoplasty complication where the incision needs to be restitched as it did not heal. I put gng on my blacklist after seeing and hearing what happened to you at gng, how they operated during my rhino consultation and the results of 2 v line gng patients. I don't think anyone looking at my nose pictures would say I needed revision rib rhino with skin graft for 18 million won? It felt like I was being scammed! Yet GNG wanted me to pay this after consultation based on one bad angle photo of my face with my head tilted back. I think anyone contemplating rhinoplasty at gng should talk to you and other real patients. I have seen your b&a photos so know you are real and you are meeting up with friends tomorrow too. Today I learned the word 'shills' ie fake patients posting fake reviews to boost business for a hospital or clinic. This is absolutely frightening as this can lead readers to think a hospital is great when actually the numerous posts may be fake. My advice is to always talk to real patients, see their before and after, chat with them to make sure they are genuine, etc. I would never recommend rhinoplasty or v line at GNG after my research with real patients.

Hi @mia1992, when will you be going back to Dr Seong at gng for them to remove your sutures yet again? I have never come across a rhinoplasty complication where the incision needs to be restitched as it did not heal. I put gng on my blacklist after seeing and hearing what happened to you at gng, how they operated during my rhino consultation and the results of 2 v line gng patients. I don't think anyone looking at my nose pictures would say I needed revision rib rhino with skin graft for 18 million won? It felt like I was being scammed! Yet GNG wanted me to pay this after consultation based on one bad angle photo of my face with my head tilted back. I think anyone contemplating rhinoplasty at gng should talk to you and other real patients. I have seen your b&a photos so know you are real and you are meeting up with friends tomorrow too. Today I learned the word 'shills' ie fake patients posting fake reviews to boost business for a hospital or clinic. This is absolutely frightening as this can lead readers to think a hospital is great when actually the numerous posts may be fake. My advice is to always talk to real patients, see their before and after, chat with them to make sure they are genuine, etc. I would never recommend rhinoplasty or v line at GNG after my research with real patients.

Where would you recommend, for rhinoplasty and facial contouring? Are there any other clinics that are good at both, and offer functional surgery as well for the nose? I haven't found any others so far, but your feedback scares me and makes me want to reconsider about GNG.

Hi, i did rhinoplasty with gng just last week, and because my stitches have not fully healed they asked me to come back to my country to remove the stitches. My stitches busted when i came back.

Hi, i did rhinoplasty with gng just last week, and because my stitches have not fully healed they asked me to come back to my country to remove the stitches. My stitches busted when i came back.
That is awful @pacd. When stitches bust it may be due to wound dehiscence and it may lead to scarring from closure due to secondary intention. GNG should have looked after you better and asked you to stay for them to remove the stitches. Further reasons I advise against GNG.

Where would you recommend, for rhinoplasty and facial contouring? Are there any other clinics that are good at both, and offer functional surgery as well for the nose? I haven't found any others so far, but your feedback scares me and makes me want to reconsider about GNG.
Hi @SweetPotato1996, clinics you can look at for rhino are Dr Park at Baum, Dr Paik at PS101 and Dr Lee at the View. PS101 seems to be popular for rhino but again do your own research! For facial contouring, I would recommend Dr Oh at Regen as I chatted with him at consultation and he speaks fluent English so there will be no miscommunications on something as big as facial contouring. He says he lectures all over the world and was in Let Me in. I have read 2 patient reviews on realself and the before and afters are dramatic! Also Bongquiqui chose Regen for her facial contouring. The consultant at Regen was open to negotiation and did not quote a massive figure like GNG. He showed me lots of real patient before and afters and their ct scans. If my daughters needed fc, I would suggest Regen to them. There is also romian to look at which caters to locals and charges 10 million for zygoma and v line. One Korean American lady chose Romian. I haven't seen her after so cannot comment on result. I would be worried about tlps as @krod2017 had permanent nerve damage, ie chin numbness from her v line there although the v line itself looked good.