My journey at GNG, will be updating soon

mia1992

Dec 13, 2017
Hello PFers,
I just had a consultant at GNG for rhinoplasty revision today ( this will be my 3 rd times). I just want to make a review base on my experience at GNG for those who are planning on their PS journey in SK. I am taking lots of advantages from Purse forum so this thread will be my return to PFers.
It is my first time in Korean and it took me 14 hours flight to SK. Before decided, I had online consultant via email and KK with GNG representative ( Hazel was the one who responded me and I was shocked when seeing her first time, so pretty that I could not take my eyes off at first lol). Since I already made up my mind on GNG and deposited so they arranged airport pickup for me. I arrived around 4pm at Incheon airport and due to traffic at the time, I got to GNG around 5.30. Right after, I had Julia, who is a really sweet and caring staff there, directed me to do body examination ( urine, Xray, Ct scan and so on...) After that, the in charge doctors ( you can let them know who will be your desire surgeons in advance) will take a look at your photos and make a recommendation.
For my nose, I have a bullnose with wide alar, along with deviated septum. Dr Seong was the one that saw me, and he recommended the revision with ribs cartilage for the bridge with tip projection, osteotomy, and alar reduction. He said that will be my best solution in my case even thou I was asking for the bridge using silicon. I have read so many cases that have problems with ribs, therefore, leads to higher revision rates compared to other implants. However, I also know it depends on doctor's skills as well. So hopefully Dr Seong will be my last rhinoplasty surgeon:s. The doctor said my skin is kinda thin so with silicon and other implants, it will easily show the object line and people will just know what happened to you. I want a natural result yet fixing my nose concerns so still Dr. Seong recommended me Rib, the only choice that can achieve my desires.
My surgery day will be on Friday ( Thursday is a public holiday so the hospital is closed). So guys please make sure you check SK's public holiday's schedule to avoid an extended stay for recovering.
---
So far everything is good, the staff is very kind and patient ( as I am super nervous so I believe I'm bothering them a lot), my mission right now is to stay healthy both mentally and physically to prepare for this Friday. To be honest I am still convincing my self with Rib revision. Bless me it is my last time going under the knife: s

Just got discharged from Gng. I were staying in the ward for 2 nights. Don't know that because I'm having Rib rhinoplasty or along with pin removal ( from previous double jaw surgery). The staff provided oxy and light therapy for swelling reducing at least 4 or 5 times during that night. Also if you are hungry there are some pumpkin soups available at well.
My face looks like a balloon right now. Still have not seen the result yet but rib rhinoplasty is way too much for me. Wishing that I have more time to researching for more options.

Before discharging, a bag with all needed medicines ( for 14 days woww, forgot to ask if I should take that much), pumpkin juices, ointment, ice bags and some other stuffs for your recovery journey. After that, a cab will be provided to take you home. Pretty much Gng's post op care has nothing to complain about.

Reactions: Yumigumi
I had my check up yesterday. My face was still swollen. So they got me light and oxygen therapy 10 minutes session before I leave. In the mean time, Julia got me hair washing complimentary. She also showed me how to get there with a printed map.
Still have not had chance to see my rib incision, still covered by the bandaid. But it's a waterproof one so actually i can just take shower as normal. The nurse said I can take the cover out for next 7 days.
So far has not seen the result yet. I just keep walking and stop thinking too much about it. Just try to set my mind in peace for faster recover.

Hi all,
I would like to share my gng experience
Excuse the length

So, i planned this trip almost a year ago.

Been wanted to get facial contour done for awhile now. A few years back had a consultation at dream, and dr Kim recommended 2-jaws or just push back the lower jaw. I had minor underbite then.

I’ve been reluctant to get it done. Went back to my country got Invisalign done instead. Even though my bite has been fixed, I still think my face isn’t balance.

Seeing my girlfd getting her fc done in korea, made me wanna give it a try. I wanted to go to a dental clinic if I’m actually get 2-jaws done. Everm was the only place i had in mind. Talked to a consultant a few months back before going to korea. They suggested 2-jaws done as well. Had a date plan for consultation and a date for surgery. A month before heading to korea, started talking to a different consultant. At the end, few days before arriving in Korea my consultation date was changed and the back and forth communication turned me off. So I cancelled my consultation with them.

Luckily, a month before going to korea, I’ve started talking to other forumers and reading up on here. Shortlisted view and gng as well.

View suggested mandible, zygoma reductions and genioplasty. Gng didn’t ask for my pics. Just gonna wait till f2f consult.

I was actually happy and surprised that there are clinics saying that I don’t need 2-jaws surgery. Which gave me hope. I wanted my face to be more balance. Not a dramatic change and I don’t want anything too invasive.

My first consult was with gng. Went there and got my photos taken and ct scan done.

Dr choi is friendly and knowledgeable. He didn’t suggest 2-jaw for my case. Especially since I had teeth pulled out for braces previously. He said doing 2-jaws will make me look less flattering. I have to agree, because when dream did a prediction photo of me after the surgery, I looked off and weird.

My face is slanted towards to one side. Dr choi suggested shaving the shorter side and my chin to balance my face. He didn’t suggest zygoma reduction, since it will make me look more flat after. He said if I want fg then he will get dr Kim to take a look. Then he point out that my nose is a bit deviated, if I really want a more balance look I should get it look at.

My nose has always been an issue. I’ve had a couple nose jobs done before, but it was never prefect. And I know gng do beautiful noses, so why not. A consult wouldn’t hurt. Little that I knew.

After talking to the consultant regarding my nose, she suggested Dr Seong to see me. Dr Seong is a more straight forward doctor. The first thing he pointed out from my scan is that I have deviated septum. In order to have a nice balance nose I have to fix the inside first. Then he said he noticed some swelling and redness on my nose. It could be a sign of infection or could be fillers. I’ve been usually fillers to straighten my nose. He will not be able to tell till he opens it up. He suggested using my own rib cartilage for the revision.

Da Da Dan
So the next thing is price negotiation time. Which I was never good at.

By the way, I do have to say gng consultants are very knowledgeable compare to other clinics’ consultants which are more focus on money.

At first, the fc and fg price wasn’t too bad. But the way she was writing them down confused me. Felt like she was writing down less zeros. My consultant said she will give me a special price for my rhino, but when she added the three prices up.... I was quoted a ridiculously high amount. An amount that I could have bought myself a brand new car! That amount was way over my budget. And I thought gng was known to have a reasonable price. After negotiating back and forth with special multiple procedures discount and etc., and to forego my own rib to use donor rib instead, we had an agreeable price. It was still way higher than what I have budgeted. No matter how hard I negotiated the price down to, it was still high.

Oh side note, gng doesn’t give discount on paying in cash.

They squeezed me for next week. I paid my deposit and cancelled my appointment with view.

After reading the forums and talking to some forumers, I started to have second thought about my nose revision. Especially I will be using donor cartilage, the absorption rate will be higher. Plus I’m also worried about wasp. I really do not want to get another revision in a few years, and I differently do not want to end up looking like Michael Jackson.

So I told my translator about my second thought. Want to do more research before rushing into a decision that I will regret. Luckily, I only paid half of the amount for deposit. She said it’s fine. She will talk to the consultant on Monday.

Monday came and I have one more day to explore town. All of a sudden, around 1 got a msg from gng saying that they think it’s best if I do my revision now and they will give me a special pricing for my own rib.

I starting to panic, because I don’t have my surgery time set yet and it’s tomorrow. It was set then was changed to a later time even before me cancelling my nose revision, and now there is no set time.

My fd suggested to have a second opinion. I went to ps 101 first. Unfortunately, both of their rhino surgeons won’t be accepting any consultations till mid March. After that I went to MVP.

Shoutout to the MVP consultants there. They are the most genuine consultants that I ever met in korea. Btw their consultants are also their translators. Before closing I was able to see dr choi. That was how rush everything was. He said he has to dissolve my fillers first in order to have a surgical plan for my nose. He wasn’t able to tell if it is infected or not till it is open up. Said that it’s dangerous for me to have a silicone tip, and will need a revision eventually because of that.

After that I decided to wait for the nose revision. Informed my translator, and my surgery was once again moved to a later slot.

On the day of surgery.
Gng sent a taxi to pick me up from my place. I was shown to my room on the ward and asked to change into the gowns. There I waited for my last consult with the doctors. First, I saw dr Kim. Dr Kim can speaks fluent English. I trust her expertise. Next I got to see dr choi. The surgical plan was slightly different then the first consult, and again I trust him. I should have gone through everything once again though, because he is not gonna remember what we talked about a few days ago. After that I was sent back to my room to wait.

My surgery was delayed. I didn’t end up going to the operation floor till 5pm. Really didn’t want late time slots. Feel like the doctors will be exhausted by then. My translator went with me into the operation room. Thank god she was there to let me know what they are doing. She stayed there till I fell asleep.

Woke up in the recovery room feeling dizzy. They wheeled me up to my room and hooked up the IV for me. After resting for a bit, the dizziness went away. Thought I should probably go try to urinate, since I haven’t done it for awhile. But I didn’t need to. The nurse must think I’m crazy XD

The nurse came in to inject some medication through my IV. Honestly, I only felt minor aches and pressure. No how everyone else described how painful fc will be. The most painful part for me was when the nurse was trying to get an IV in me, and when they inject medications through the IV.

However though, the bed in the ward is the most uncomfortable thing ever. It was super hard and you have to sit up at a 45 degree angle. You must and I mean must bring a neck pillow with you! Even bring two if you can. One you can sit on. They only give you one thin pillow. I tried asking for more but they say no. I have a little trick. My room was hot enough for me, so I used the blanket to soften the bed. Really helped with my bum and lower back. Another thing is, the bed is tiny. I’m 5’2 and my feet was touching the end broad of the bed. I can’t imagine how uncomfortable it will be for anyone that is taller than me.

The next day, dr Kim and dr choi came to check up on me in the ward. My left eye was a bit blurry and watery after the surgery. I’ve tried applying eye drops, but didn’t help. Dr Kim said it’s fine and will go away eventually. Saying something about pressure causing mucus. I don’t really remember anymore. Made sense when I heard it lol Dr choi showed me the bones he shaved, and told me to feel them. I’m too swollen at that point for farther examination.

In the beginning I thought I will be staying in the ward for 2 nights, but they discharged me on the next day. Saying that if I’ve stayed for another night, it will be a holiday and no one could call a taxi for me. Then everything make sense. All the switching slots and delays. They were trying to fit everyone in before the holiday. Holiday was an other thing I was trying to avoid -_- Did the oxygen therapy. Felt like I was in a pressure tank. Got my bag of medicine and was sent me home In a taxi.

Positive
Gng has really friendly staffs. I’m grateful for all the nurses (especially the Night nurse) and the translators that had helped me through my ps journey. Their consultants are nice too (except for the $ part). One consultant held my hand and wished me good luck before my surgery. That was very sweet.
I believe their doctors are very skilled and knowledgeable. Do feel like dr choi is more on the cautious, conservative, safe side. Maybe that’s why my healing is quite fast. So please do indicate what kind of look you want to him. Be specific.
Painkillers. I do think they have strong painkillers. Love it! Hey no pain = speedy recovery lol

Negative
Pricing is way too high. Especially for rhinoplasty. I feel like they are trying to charge fixing deviated septum and making the nose pretty as two separate procedures. Which should have been one procedure plus add ons. Also, almost everyone’s septum is deviated to a certain degree.
Understaff. They only have two English translators right now. After the surgery, it seems like it’s an impossible task to reach them. It’s important to when you have a concern. (My left eye isn’t blurry or watery anymore, but there is a lump formed underneath my eye. Plus they switched my check up appointment date)
Overworked. I feel like the amount of patients they are trying to fit in is more than they can handle. Constantly moving slots around to make room, or squeeze ppl in here and there. In the long run, all their staffs will be overworked, and errors may be made.

I’m on my Day 7 right now. Still waiting for my swelling to go down. I can’t say how I like my result yet. What I can say is, overall, I do think gng does wonderful work. My whole experience will be a lot better if I’ve never gotten that rhino consult XD A lot less stress. And I lost the ability to renegotiate a better price for just fg and fc when I forego my rhino revision. I didn’t even get a multiple procedures discount :sad: I’m seeing the doctors tomorrow. Hopefully dr Kim will be able to solve that lump under my eye.

Oh, I would like to say thank you to the forumers that met up with me here. Thank you so much for everything. I’ve learned a lot. You guys have been so helpful. It’s very comforting to have other ppl here to support me through my journey. Please do be careful who you meet up though. They may have other motives and may be promoters.

Thanks for the review! Yeah, if you go to any clinic near a holiday as big as Chuseok then they're going to be forced to squeeze everyone in before they leave Korea so it'll definitely be a rush ;~( I'm sorry about that but I'm glad to hear you're recovering nicely! Rib rhinoplasty IS very expensive so I hope your results are satisfactory! Thanks for keeping us posted, I'm going in April so I'm just trying to prepare myself haha.

The next day, dr Kim and dr choi came to check up on me in the ward. My left eye was a bit blurry and watery after the surgery. I’ve tried applying eye drops, but didn’t help. Dr Kim said it’s fine and will go away eventually. Saying something about pressure causing mucus. I don’t really remember anymore. Made sense when I heard it lol Dr choi showed me the bones he shaved, and told me to feel them. I’m too swollen at that point for farther examination.

In the beginning I thought I will be staying in the ward for 2 nights, but they discharged me on the next day. Saying that if I’ve stayed for another night, it will be a holiday and no one could call a taxi for me. Then everything make sense. All the switching slots and delays. They were trying to fit everyone in before the holiday. Holiday was an other thing I was trying to avoid -_- Did the oxygen therapy. Felt like I was in a pressure tank. Got my bag of medicine and was sent me home In a taxi.

Positive
Gng has really friendly staffs. I’m grateful for all the nurses (especially the Night nurse) and the translators that had helped me through my ps journey. Their consultants are nice too (except for the $ part). One consultant held my hand and wished me good luck before my surgery. That was very sweet.
I believe their doctors are very skilled and knowledgeable. Do feel like dr choi is more on the cautious, conservative, safe side. Maybe that’s why my healing is quite fast. So please do indicate what kind of look you want to him. Be specific.
Painkillers. I do think they have strong painkillers. Love it! Hey no pain = speedy recovery lol

Negative
Pricing is way too high. Especially for rhinoplasty. I feel like they are trying to charge fixing deviated septum and making the nose pretty as two separate procedures. Which should have been one procedure plus add ons. Also, almost everyone’s septum is deviated to a certain degree.
Understaff. They only have two English translators right now. After the surgery, it seems like it’s an impossible task to reach them. It’s important to when you have a concern. (My left eye isn’t blurry or watery anymore, but there is a lump formed underneath my eye. Plus they switched my check up appointment date)
Overworked. I feel like the amount of patients they are trying to fit in is more than they can handle. Constantly moving slots around to make room, or squeeze ppl in here and there. In the long run, all their staffs will be overworked, and errors may be made.

I’m on my Day 7 right now. Still waiting for my swelling to go down. I can’t say how I like my result yet. What I can say is, overall, I do think gng does wonderful work. My whole experience will be a lot better if I’ve never gotten that rhino consult XD A lot less stress. And I lost the ability to renegotiate a better price for just fg and fc when I forego my rhino revision. I didn’t even get a multiple procedures discount :sad: I’m seeing the doctors tomorrow. Hopefully dr Kim will be able to solve that lump under my eye.

Oh, I would like to say thank you to the forumers that met up with me here. Thank you so much for everything. I’ve learned a lot. You guys have been so helpful. It’s very comforting to have other ppl here to support me through my journey. Please do be careful who you meet up though. They may have other motives and may be promoters.

I totally agree with you. The moment she wrote down the price made me feel like I was getting lost in a maze. Other than that their service is great. Are you still in Korea?

I totally agree with you. The moment she wrote down the price made me feel like I was getting lost in a maze. Other than that their service is great. Are you still in Korea?

Omg yes! I felt lost too! I forgot to ask other stuff because of that. Especially you told me she was gonna give me a deal.
Yes, I’m still here.