Food My Japan Food Journal

caley

hello!
O.G.
May 1, 2006
well more like pictures than thoughts about food. i'm here in tokyo for about 6 days and i am a piggly wiggly when it comes to food, especially here. so i thought i would share what i've been eating on this trip. hope you all enjoy! :smile:

first night we got in, we stopped at our favorite 24hr noodle restaurant. here is katsu donburi (chicken cutlet on rice) with cold udon noodles.
attachment.php

next morning i had eggs benedict from room service.
attachment.php

my mom had ochazuke (rice in tea):
attachment.php

more to come! :smile:

Attachments

• DSC01022.JPG
    DSC01022.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 2,628
  • DSC01023.JPG
    DSC01023.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 2,609
  • DSC01024.JPG
    DSC01024.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 2,600
OMG. Japanese noodles are SO AMAZING. I had the best noodles ever at a little shop when I was in Ginza. I wish I could go back to Japan. It's such a beautiful country. The toilets freak me out a bit though. LOL. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

lunch on day 2 was ramen at yodobashi akihabara. it was nothing too fancy. it had sesame seeds in the broth, which i thought was interesting.
attachment.php

late night snacks bought from department store basement food halls. this is always a fun part of the trip. its always crowded and such a rush. first pic is of assorted musubi (rice balls). the one i had included a deep fried piece of squid. yum!
attachment.php

some sushi and a bento box with a few pieces of sashimi, shreaded crab, and salmon roe on rice.
attachment.php

a california roll and another roll with negitoro (raw tuna) in it.
attachment.php

a little spicy fried chicken:
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC01055.JPG
    DSC01055.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 2,492
  • DSC01054.JPG
    DSC01054.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 2,510
  • DSC01053.JPG
    DSC01053.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 2,615
  • DSC01052.JPG
    DSC01052.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 2,561
  • DSC01044.JPG
    DSC01044.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 2,566
day 3 we took a day trip to kyoto. this was sort of my brunch meal. included a small scrambled egg, slice of some kind of fish, tofu, bowl of shreded crab, salmon roe, and grated yam on rice, and lastly a hot bowl of udon.
attachment.php

a bucket of little cream puffs for the walk to the shrine.
attachment.php

late lunch we had at a steak place in the department store next to kyoto station. my sirloin steak lunch. inlcuded was a salad, some veggies, dark miso soup, sauces for the steak, and some garlic butter to spread on the steak.
attachment.php

for dinner i had ramen but couldn't take pics since it was one of those commuter places. so i had to eat fast and get out hehe.

today is another day to stuff my face. i will post tonight with more pics of fun food :smile:

Attachments

• DSC01059.JPG
    DSC01059.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 2,437
  • DSC01065.JPG
    DSC01065.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 2,451
  • DSC01101.JPG
    DSC01101.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 2,424
OMG i looove Japan (been 8 times on business trips when i lived in Hawaii). The food there is like nothing else. Are you staying in Tokyo b/c i highly reccomend taking the train to Osaka and Kobe if you've got time. Osaka is by far my fave city in Japan. It has the best food and is less crowded and snobby than tokyo.

I am SO jealous of the ramen, lol...I've been meaning to make homemade real ramen (complete with lardons, tea eggs, and pork), but just haven't gotten around to it yet! When ramen is done correctly/well, it is amazing!

everything looks so delicious! yummy! japan has some of the best food i have ever eaten. i would love to go back soon for vacation. enjoy the rest of your trip. can't wait to see the rest of your pictures. if you can, try the kobe beef.