My Ink City is FINALLY here!

angstofgumby said:
ET, I had no idea what I purseket was before I read your post. I googled it to see what I was missing out on. Having now seen it, I do not think that a purseket would work in a Balenciaga. B-bags are very smooshy and they collapse on themselves. The purseket appears to be made for structured bags, which b-bags are not. B-bags are supposed to be floppy and laid-back, and I think that the purseket would not work well with this formula. It would definitely affect the overall aesthetic of the bag.

I love Picasso's "Blue Nude"! It's achingly beautiful.

I wouldn't necessarily say that b-bags are dressier than Paddingtons are. They are very different bags, so it's hard to compare. B-bags have less bells and whistles than the paddy does. The leather on the paddy is amazing, but I think the lock prevents it from being a "dress-up" bag. I think b-bags are more versatile when it comes to what you can wear them with. I would never wear a paddy with a suit, but I think a b-bag could be pulled off with one. It's not a formal, or structured, or dressy bag per se, but it is clean enough that you could wear it with something traditional if you wanted to give your look a little edge.

Thanks (again)! The more I see of this bag, the more I am loving it. But I may give the purseket a try and see how that goes. If I do, I will try to post some pics to show whether or not it worked. I just like the organization, now that I am used to it!
:worried:

Could I get away with an ink City and UGGs? I LOVE my UGGs!:love: And SJP does it!

ETenebris said:
Thanks (again)! The more I see of this bag, the more I am loving it. But I may give the purseket a try and see how that goes. If I do, I will try to post some pics to show whether or not it worked. I just like the organization, now that I am used to it!
:worried:

Could I get away with an ink City and UGGs? I LOVE my UGGs!:love: And SJP does it!

You're welcome. As long as you wear your ink city and your uggs with moxie, you can definitely pull them off. When it comes to style, it's all about self-confidence and attitude. With those two things, any ensemble can be rocked.

ET- there is nothing that a ink city does not go with - or at least, I have yet to think or see an outfit in my closet that I couldn't pull off with this gorgeous bag! Its perfectly slouchy and soooooo comfortable. I agree with angst (who by the way always gives great advice on this forum)- its a completely different look than the paddy. Both are great casual and funky bags that are distinct in their own right. Either way, you get a great bag. But the b-bag just offers a wider and more creative array of colors! :love::love::love: Let us know if you cave so we can cheer you on! :biggrin:

jag, thanks so much for the compliment. You are a sweetheart!

ET, go for it girl. I'm getting a feeling that you are really into this bag. I would hate to see you pass it up, and then not be able to find it when you decide that you must have it. Barney's has a 30 return policy, so if you get the bag and decide that it's not the right fit for you, you can always send it back. If this happens, you won't be stuck wondering "what if?"; at least you will know that it just wasn't meant to be.

^^^ See, great advice!!! Aloha Rag also lets you return, but there is a $50 restocking fee. I ordered from NM so that I could always return it if I changed my mind. I am so excited for you ET- I just know you are going to love it!

Okay...I decided to give it a try. Ordered the ink City from Barney's this afternoon. They said the shipping is seven to ten days, so I guess I won't see it for a while. But at least there is a good return policy in case it's not the bag for me. Meanwhile, gives me time to break in the blanc Paddy, which still has not even had my stuff tried out in it!

ETenebris said:
Okay...I decided to give it a try. Ordered the ink City from Barney's this afternoon. They said the shipping is seven to ten days, so I guess I won't see it for a while. But at least there is a good return policy in case it's not the bag for me. Meanwhile, gives me time to break in the blanc Paddy, which still has not even had my stuff tried out in it!

Congrats, ET. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the bag. I hope you love it. I was in Barneys NY this evening (not sure if this is the Barneys you ordered from), and I thought of you. The last time I was there I saw a lone ink city bag, and tonight it was gone. I was hoping you were the one that snatched it up.

I looked at the blanc pocket Paddy in the Chloe boutique today and it was lovely. I like this style much more than the paddy satchel. There was another woman in the store at the same time I was and she was trying to decide between the whiskey and the blanc medium pocket. The sales associate and I convinced her to go with the blanc. I think that I have learned the hard way that the Paddington bags aren't for me. I tried to force my love here of late, but paddy and I aren't a match. Now Balenciaga and I, we go perfectly together.

I hope your bag reaches you soon.

angstofgumby said:
Congrats, ET. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the bag. I hope you love it. I was in Barneys NY this evening (not sure if this is the Barneys you ordered from), and I thought of you. The last time I was there I saw a lone ink city bag, and tonight it was gone. I was hoping you were the one that snatched it up.

I looked at the blanc pocket Paddy in the Chloe boutique today and it was lovely. I like this style much more than the paddy satchel. There was another woman in the store at the same time I was and she was trying to decide between the whiskey and the blanc medium pocket. The sales associate and I convinced her to go with the blanc. I think that I have learned the hard way that the Paddington bags aren't for me. I tried to force my love here of late, but paddy and I aren't a match. Now Balenciaga and I, we go perfectly together.

I hope your bag reaches you soon.

Yes, that's the only Barney's store...the one in NYC. I called yesterday when someone (was it you? Or Style101?) mentioned the lone ink and asked them to hold it for me. So probably the very same! Did the leather look nice when you saw it, or did you look that closely at it? I am hoping I love it. It should be here in a week or two. I didn't want to pay more to rush it when I have the blanc pocket just in and the Edith arriving any day. I can relate about the Paddington bags. I love them SO much, but I do think the lock is a pain. It's bigger than it needs to be. But I am hoping the pocket will be a keeper. I would like to have ONE. :smile:

Isn't there another Barney's in LA? And word on the street is there's one coming to SF!! Hope I'll still be around when it comes! BTW Jag congratulations!!! There's soooo many Ink city owner here lately (and I am guilty of ordering one yesterday --- sooooo excited!!!), I almost freaked when Aloha Rag said they ran out of Ink city!

ETenebris said:
Yes, that's the only Barney's store...the one in NYC. I called yesterday when someone (was it you? Or Style101?) mentioned the lone ink and asked them to hold it for me. So probably the very same! Did the leather look nice when you saw it, or did you look that closely at it? I am hoping I love it. It should be here in a week or two. I didn't want to pay more to rush it when I have the blanc pocket just in and the Edith arriving any day. I can relate about the Paddington bags. I love them SO much, but I do think the lock is a pain. It's bigger than it needs to be. But I am hoping the pocket will be a keeper. I would like to have ONE. :smile:

ET, the ink city that I saw at Barneys looked great. The distressing looked even; and when I saw it, I starting regretting not getting the city in this color. I purchased the ink hobo instead.

I hope pocket Paddy works out for you. I think I have officially given up on Paddy. I hope I can find two takers: one for metallic anthracite and one for brand new whiskey. I'm considering a python Silverado, and maybe an Edith in whiskey instead. I want the whiskey color.

hatikuh said:
Isn't there another Barney's in LA? And word on the street is there's one coming to SF!! Hope I'll still be around when it comes! BTW Jag congratulations!!! There's soooo many Ink city owner here lately (and I am guilty of ordering one yesterday --- sooooo excited!!!), I almost freaked when Aloha Rag said they ran out of Ink city!

Yeah! Congrats! I know you will love it! Let us know when it comes in so we can celebrate with you:biggrin: