My husband discovered my new Coach...

Well, babe, if your bills get paid with only your earnings, go for it.

My hubby gets it because he's obssesed with watches and cars and computers and has his hobbies. He's not to keen about me getting $400 bags, but what can he do. Of course, we always talk about it first and I wait until all the bills are paid and are sure there's some $$. I never hide a bag or go behind his back. He always gets something for himself when I get a new bag too so he's cool about that.

I've been unemployed since april and he's been suuuuper understanding and he's "let" me get 5 bags (one was my bday Carly). Whenever we go to scope the outlet he always tells me to get something of x amount. I just got the green light for PCE so I'm racking my brains on what to get...

My hubby is very supportive, but to a point. He used to be supportive to a FAULT. That can spell trouble for me! :tdown: I am not one mysef to want to spend several hundreds of dollars on bags... every time I would even have two coach bags I hate it because they are usually a thousand dollars or close for two or so... insane to ME. :rolleyes: Anyway, hubby and I have both checked back in to OUR financial reality and I really only wanted one bag, for me it was the desperate search all the time. I bought my chelsea, a wristlet, and a wallet and I am done.. for now. I want to be done as much or more than he does.. I have other goals right now, and it feels good not spending so much money and time on bags. I think if you communicate and your bills are being paid, you should both be able to buy fun things within reason. :yes:

Well my husband isn't really understanding about the purses business but he still wouldn't question or complain when I bought new purses. But I am a good girl and I know my limit, so I only buy a purse when I am really IN LOVE with her or sometimes I bought purses in coach outlets.. THAT he can not complain..:graucho:

My DH kind of has a military approach to it, "don't ask, don't tell". He doesn't complain about my obsession. He does think it is silly sometimes. We have no children and I use my money, (we have kept $$ separate, works for us) bills are paid and we eat.

I agree with what others are saying, maybe he is needing to know that he is a part of the decision process, you are newly married. It's making him feel a part of things.....(maybe), like a team.

My DH and I each have things we like and try to give each other support. He doesn't really get it but doesn't give me a hard time. I try to reciprocate by not quizzing him everytime he comes home from Academy Sporting goods or with another fishing pole, etc.

We both love gadgets so I can't give him a hard time about those items b/c I want to play with them, too!

Maybe you and your DH could talk about it and figure out how to best appraoch this going forward. Good luck!

I am quite put off by his "forbidding" you to buy anymore. I would calm down and then try to talk with him to find out why he is so upset- is it because he feels bad that he's not making much money right now, that he thinks you should have spoken with him about it first, or who knows what. You said you were buying camping stuff- was that a big money purchase for both of you? for him?

I'm single though, so what do I know!

My husband gets my obsession, I think, because he has his own things he likes that are expensive as well…granted his wants for expensive things occur much less than mine do. For instance last year he purchased a brand new motorcycle. And a month ago he purchased brand new golf clubs that were around $1000. Now to me, spending so much on golf clubs is silly, but I get it, because to him, I’m sure spending $1000 on a bag is silly. I guess we are both lucky that we each have our own "thing". However, if the items we want force us to spend money out of our joint account then we discuss it with each other first. Like he didn't just go out and purchase a motorcycle without having long talks with me about beforehand, as we have to make payments on it each month etc.
I didn't ask him permission to buy my Lily, because I had a large merchandise credit that I used to get her, but I did ask him if it was okay to borrow some money to put towards a Gigi so that I could get that bag during PCE.
Like the others have said, maybe he's just upset because you didn't discuss it with him first?

D:!

I don't have a DH but I do have a DBF and he totally doesn't get my purse obsession. XD

He just calls me the crazy purse lady. ._.

I think so far what everyone has said could be it.. either not discussing it with him before hand..

If you are the primary bread-winner right now and the bills are being paid, where exactly does he get the idea that he can "forbid" you to buy anything? It seems to me you are supporting both of you and you deserve a fun purchase every now and then.

I think you should sit down and discuss your money situation and both of your expectations. If you aren't on the same page it could be a formula for even bigger problems later on. Does he have a plan for getting his freelance buisness off the ground? Does he resent you making more money than he does? Does he have control issues? Are you two on the same page for your future goals? All of those things might play into this.

DH would only get mad if I bought a bag and didn't tell him. We share our money...we don't have seperate anything. I make more, but he brings home more (since I pay all the insurance and flex plans...) So for us, we don't keep secrets. I we find something we want, we run it by each other. That works for us!

My DH pays very little attention to our finances (he's a full-time student and I earn all the money) and his attitude is generally that if I earn it, he's not going to tell me how to spend it. If I feel we can afford it, he's fine with it. Sometimes I wish he would act like more of a guilty conscience to talk me out of things!

I have it bad. Although I'm still in University, I've had good-paying full-time summer jobs already.

My parents on the other hand are very concerned because I'm a horrible person when it comes to shopping, and when my parents heard I was planning on getting a Coach bag, they began lecturing me about how it wasn't a good idea, and how it wasn't a good way to start my life by spending money on expensive bags.

Anyways, I just had to buy a Coach bag, so I spent $300 on one and had to lie to my parents saying I got it for "half-price" >.<

And every time I buy anything now, they always give me a weird look of disappointment. Not to mention my parents are the very "saving" type of people and always wonder where I came from because neither of them like to spend money on expensive bags because they deem them "not worth it"

My husband completely understands and even helps me pick out my next bag! But he loves hunting and that costs a lot more than any old purse obsession! His last trip was over $5000.00 so I knew my Mandy would soon be on her way-lol!
Now we always decide together about big purchases so I wonder if your husband is upset about that. I would be furious if mine forbid me to *anything*. But this is just MHO.

I just recently got into Coach. I got married less than a year ago and am currently the bread winner while my husband tries to get work in freelance, so we don't have tons of extra money to toss around. We aren't poor by any means, but we aren't well off either. I finally broke down two weeks ago and bought my first Coach bag, the medium black on black Hamptons signature carry all. It was 25% off at Dillard's, so I thought I was getting a pretty sweet deal!
My husband is the same way. He HATES the fact that I discovered this website and am always on here. He can't stand it anymore, he says it gives him a headache to see this forum. I'm constantly drooling over Coach bags and it's making him sick!!

Anyway, my husband has seen me drooling over the Coach website and the catalogs. He's even suggested I get a fake bag to help my hunger, but I just couldn't do that!

He didn't notice my new bag for two weeks (being a man, he doesn't really pay attention to my bags and stuff), even though I've carried it everyday. This past weekend, we were in a store buying some camping stuff, when he happened to glance my bag, and that's when I saw the realization in his eyes. He was talking to a SA at the time, so he waited until we got in the car to quiz me about my bag. Needless to say, he was quite upset about my purchase and forbid me to buy anymore. He couldn't believe I'd spend that much on a bag. This upset me, because I'd like to get a couple more bags!

Do any of you have husbands that completely don't get your love for Coach? My husband can't fathom spending $200-$300 on a bag. :crybaby:
My husband is the same way. He's sick to death of this forum. He hates the fact that I have discovered this website. I'm constantly drooling over coach bags. He gets a headache when he see's me on this website! :wtf::cursing::mad::sick::lecture::noggin::banned:

If you are the primary bread-winner right now and the bills are being paid, where exactly does he get the idea that he can "forbid" you to buy anything? It seems to me you are supporting both of you and you deserve a fun purchase every now and then.

I think you should sit down and discuss your money situation and both of your expectations. If you aren't on the same page it could be a formula for even bigger problems later on. Does he have a plan for getting his freelance buisness off the ground? Does he resent you making more money than he does? Does he have control issues? Are you two on the same page for your future goals? All of those things might play into this.

I totally agree with HauteMama.

He shouldn't be "forbidding" you from buying things when you're getting the bills paid with your money. That's just plain silly. Definitely sit down and have a talk with him about things. Good luck! :heart: