My Holy Grail BBag Reveal

Beautiful combo, congrats! How silky and squishy is the leather? :loveeyes:

The previous owner has stored the bag for a long time and the leather has become dry from storage. I just conditioned the entire bag and noticed a huge difference. I have attached a picture of the leather before and after the conditioning.

The right side of the first picture is the leather before conditioning. It looked veiny and dry. The left side is after conditioning, and the leather looks so supple. The second picture shows the leather after the entire bag was conditioned and in my opinion represents the color of truffle pretty well.

I have a FW2011 PT in anthracite and used to own a FW2012 mRRGH Velo in cumin. I must say that the leather on the the cumin was really thin and papery, which was the reason I sold it eventhough I adore the colour. The anthracite in comparison feels thicker, but now I can finally experience the rave I've read about how wonderful the chevre leather is.

The leather on this brief is thick but pillowy soft at the same time. I am officially a chevre fan!

Attachments

• 1401613508394.jpg
    1401613508394.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 1401613765563.jpg
    1401613765563.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 142
Amidst the craze of the summer sale, there are so many gorgeous bags available at a bargain. I can't begin to tell you ladies how many times I've been tempted to add a bag to my online shopping cart.

BUT! I've been good and held on to a seemingly endless search for my holy grail BBag that I've fallen in love with eversince I chanced upon a picture of it. The thing is, it is no longer in production since 2009 (please correct me if I'm wrong). And those available on the resale markets are either abused, or come with a cutthroat heavy price tag.

So imagine my elation when I finally find her in excellent condition and a reasonable price! And I thank you ladies for allowing me to share my joy with you cos y'know, the hubby would be like:"Oh, a new bag."

She is no longer a popular style to many, but my heart sang when I opened up the dustbag. So here she is.......my smooshy S/S 2007 chevre giant brief in truffle. :smile:

Oh wow! Gorgeous, gorgeous leather. Enjoy!

Congratulations :smile: I'm a big fan of big bags and Brief can hold a lot. I carry everything but a kitchen sink and Brief passes a test .Such a nice bag with amazing leather :smile:

Congrats !!
When the right bag pops up it's wonderful

What kind of conditioner did you use ?

The conditioning made a huge difference in the vibrancy of the color! Wow! What did you use?

The conditioner is called Tarrago Leather Care. It's a product from Spain. I've attached 2 pictures of it. I bought it at Colorwash when I brought a bag in for cleaning. The assistant recommended this and I've been using it on all my bags, which include a Chloe Marcie, 2 Givenchy Nightingales and a Celine shopping tote. I'm happy with how it works on the leather of my bags and a little of this cream goes a long way.

Attachments

• 1401665223610.jpg
    1401665223610.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 1401665239059.jpg
    1401665239059.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 89
The conditioner is called Tarrago Leather Care. It's a product from Spain. I've attached 2 pictures of it. I bought it at Colorwash when I brought a bag in for cleaning. The assistant recommended this and I've been using it on all my bags, which include a Chloe Marcie, 2 Givenchy Nightingales and a Celine shopping tote. I'm happy with how it works on the leather of my bags and a little of this cream goes a long way.

Thanks! :smile:

Managed to take a few modshots today. The brief held in 3 different ways. I officially declare that she is for keeps! :smile:

Attachments

• 1401780479606.jpg
    1401780479606.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 1401780502528.jpg
    1401780502528.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 64
  • 1401780524649.jpg
    1401780524649.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 66
Last edited: