My HG- Vintage XL Jumbo!!!

sweet_pees>> i love it! it's a little more delicate but i think the vintage lambskin holds up a lot better! my card starts with a 3 so it's been around for 10+ years and almost looks brand new! i love this bag, the size is perfect for me. :smile:

Congrats on your new vintage - I just got mine not too long ago from an estate sale at a bargain - I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I carry it around everywhere .. it's my daily though I worry about it sometimes and I am extra careful with it.

My card starts with a 4 series...so it must be as old as yours? I'm not sure about the whole number thing and I can't search :crybaby:

Yours is absolutely beautiful! :love: It looks fantastic on you!

thank you kathyd, sillygoose, queenmab, rosemary and petals12!! :smile:

jyuen>> just be careful and be sure to post on the authenticate thread to make sure it's real! i've heard some bad stories (when my mom and i were in osaka, we definitely saw some fake birkins in a similar consignment store!) the SAs at the "stations" told me that i could get it checked at the chanel store but when i brought it to chanel they refused to check it for me. so unless you know the sa personally, they wouldn't take such a big risk in authenticating it for you. just fyi :smile:

michele>> thank you for all the authenticity tips! :smile: i love this size too, it just holds so much :biggrin:

peeking_around>> i think it's late 90s? i think early 90s/late 80s started with 2. :smile: let me see if i can find the post (i read through the entire authenticity tips thread)

this was from mon, quoting michele:

A 10 (eight digit number was produced in 2005 and 2006. I have actually started to see a few 11's for fall season bags.
So for 2006 You would see holograms with 8 numbers
10XXXXXXXX and 11XXXXXXXX
2005 - 7 numbers if its a nine
9XXXXXX and 10XXXXXX
2004 (7 numbers)
8XXXXXX and 7XXXXXXX
etc, etc.... I think this is a pretty good method, until you get around the 2's and 3' and 4's. The first hologram started with a 0 (7 digit) number. The older chanel numbers are a little more tricky, because by the time the hologram had a 2 the bag was probably from the late 80's early 90's.