My heloise from Harvey Nics sale! :(

Brookles

O.G.
Apr 1, 2010
Thought I'd share this sad story with you :cry:

I've been :drool: over the heloise hobo for a while now and when I saw a gorgeous one in the Harvey Nics online sale I knew I had to grab it.

So I waited and waited for her to arrive and was so happy when she was delivered today :yahoo: Unfortunately, when I opened up the box my joy soon disappeared. This is what I found inside.

front back base (the worst!) side

I can't believe how many scratches there are :tdown: Some are real gouges!

So sadly she's now been wrapped up and is on her way back.

aw, I'm sorry for your disappointment. Was it Rosewood? The color looks very nice. Do you think the scratches might be buffed out? I don't have a Heloise, but do you think the leather is prone to scratch easily?

Will you be getting a replacement?

Thanks kitcat, yeah it was a gorgeous colour.
I did have a good look at it and consider if they could be buffed out, but some of them were too bad I think. It was a hard decision but I couldn't live with those big scratches. It'd have been a different story if the scratches were from having her for years and knocking her about a bit, but not new!
They don't have any more so I think a replacement's out. Will keep looking...

oh my god - what happened to this bag

i am using my heloise hobo for more than one year now and it does not look beaten up like this bag. the leather is getting better and better everytime i use her

i'm so sorry that this happened to you

lessi - not enough of a bargain for the state it was in! I had to send it back. So sad.

viba - yeah the base is the worst! You can't really see it in that pic but the corners are all rubbed too, like it's been on the floor or rubbed against jeans. I thought I'd got a really good sale deal but wasn't expecting that. I wondered if I'd get a shop display one, but I don't think even display bags should look like this.

jonah - your guess is as good as mine about what happened to this bag. Perhaps the SAs played ball with it on a lazy afternoon and then wrapped it up and sent it to me!

Last edited:
Aw thats so sad! I guess if it was in the sale it's likely to have been a display/shop worn bag but very disappointing to receive it like that especially when you ordered online as it could have just as easily been surplus stock :sad: